Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Must. Resist. Bike. 2. Work – 48 hours to go
  • ourmaninthenorth

So, even though it has only been opened for a three week window (and was only announced on the first day of that window), I’m still wrestling with myself over buying a new bike.

To put it in perspective, I already own 5 bikes (all bought with my own cash and no tax incentives): two MTBs (rigid SS, HT), two road bikes (trainer, summer/race bike), and one track bike (for track riding only).

For ages, I’ve been toying with either a cargo bike (likely Yuba Mundo or Xtracycle conversion) or a fixed commuter (my trainer gets trashed riding to and from work).

I’ve managed to cross off a cargo bike for the time being (I know, BD and miketually, it’s heresy), on the basis that I have nowehere to store it and I don’t really *need* it.

I have also managed to cross off a cross bike – the winter will not be spent cross racing like a Belgian, rather indoors on the track. Phew.

But I can’t quite get a fixed commuter (Ridgeback Solo) out of my head.

And I’ve still got 48 hours to fight it.

Help me…..

😉

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ve got 8 bikes if you include the jump bike that me and my eldest share. Soon to be 9 (although I will have to sell something at that point).
    I’ll still be getting a SS ‘cross bike for the winter though.

For the amount you save you’d be daft not to.

I suspect you’ll go ahead and buy one now 😉

miketually
    Free Member

*whispers*do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it*whispers*

BigDummy
    Free Member

Alright.

Ridgeback Solo is very practical, but it isn’t either a particularly amazing bike, or very expensive. You can have one if you want one, on mature reflection, in the autumn when the weather is getting shitty again. You do not therefore have to go for one on the scheme now. In the meantime, take the money you have saved by not buying it, and take Dr North away for a dirty weekend.

🙂

ourmaninthenorth

take Dr North away for a dirty weekend

Ace suggestion.

And can I buy the bike as well?

mrsflash
    Free Member

Buy it 🙂

funkynick

Pretty much my dilema as well as it seems foolish to pass up the oportunity to get a 40% discount but I don’t have a clue what to get…

But if you want it… buy it..

😀

Now to just decide what I want…

funkynick

Wooot… just spoken to my local Leisure Lakes and they take the Halfords B2W vouchers, plus they can get hold of Cotic.. so I think that’s a Road Rat coming in my near future…

Hehehehehe

fotorat
    Free Member

just do it – some men spend it all on beer/fags/betting/football – if the missus moans – just remind her that at least she knows where you are and what you are doing – next time she catches you lineing up your spoke nipples so that the flats are perpendicular to the rim (or am I the only one that does this?)

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I got a charge plug with my money despite being able to build up a SS inbred with spare bits from the garage.
    bloomin love it.

ourmaninthenorth

Hmm. It is *only* £25 a month for a year….

OTOH, I haven’t exactly, er, discussed it with Dr North.

Can you tell I’m ideally suited to be a lawyer: on the one hand, but on the other….

woffle
    Free Member

miketually
    Free Member

It is *only* £25 a month for a year

The full £1000 is only costing me £50 a month. That’s less than £6 a week more than the £25 a month… 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Must. Resist. Bike. 2. Work – 48 hours to go’ is closed to new replies.