Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Must do trails in North Wales
  • Nonsense
    Free Member

Aside from the obvious trail centre type rides like Coed-y-Brenin, Penmachno etc which routes would you all recommend in Snowdonia/Mid/North Wales? Will be staying in Beddgelert for a week but happy to drive.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Snowdon

binners

This one’s a belter!

http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/conwy-drum-mountain

and you did read it right – a 3.5 mile descent from the top of Drum Mountain. You have to earn it, mind. Worth it for the views over the coast alone, which you get for most of the ride

There are some otehr great routes on that site, round that neck of the woods

Milky
    Free Member

Hey Doug.

I don’t use GPX. Any chance of a description of those routes so I can plot them on OS, or maybe even a link to a map of the route?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Doug – Member
    Pont Scethin and the Mawddach Estuary GPX
    Wayfarer and Ceiriog Valley GPX
    Rhayader Miners Track/Roman Camp/Golf Course GPX
    Dyfi Forest

He speaks the truth very good routes.

robbiew
    Free Member

http://www.moredirt.co.uk/trail//Cli-machx-Trail/10/

I went and thought it was rubbish as it was up hill most of the way. But then we hit the down hill section and realised it was all worth it. lookin forward to goin back..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Laps of the final descent of climx are great

Nick

Llyn Colwyd, tough proper ride, it’s in the Bike Fax book and was also in Singletrack a couple of years ago and the Hard Route (Snowdon was rated as medium in comparison).

Think this might be it too.

Pont Scetin is great too.

Doug
    Free Member

I don’t use GPX. Any chance of a description of those routes so I can plot them on OS, or maybe even a link to a map of the route?

Right click and save to your computer then drag and drop into Google Earth to see where they go.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Must do trails in North Wales’ is closed to new replies.