Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Must be the day for it more Excel guru help needed!
  • jamj1974

HELP!

So I have a spread sheet which contains decimal values for week periods contained in columns. It looks for values in the cells to the right of it and if there are values in the four preceding weeks or 12 subsequent months show the text “Allocated”. If there are no values it shows “No Hours”

=IF(SUBTOTAL(9,INDIRECT(“t_Resource_Summary[@[“&c_Monday_FourWeeksAgo&”]:[“&c_Monday_12MonthsTime&”]]”))>0,”Allocated”,”No Hours”)

Since the beginning of this year it has stopped working. If I change my system date to a date last year it works again.

Does anyone know why this is…?
    More importantly – can anyone correct the formula so it will work? I am a simpleton – so the least change solution is preferred!

Thanks,

J

brakes
    Free Member

what error is returned? is it REF#?

brakes
    Free Member

I think that whatever the names ‘c_Monday_FourWeeksAgo’ and ‘c_Monday_12MonthsTime’ are referencing need to be adjusted.

allthepies
    Free Member

+1 they would seem to be worth investigating first. Given that monday four weeks ago is in a different year now then something odd could be happening here.

jamj1974

Yes, brakes, it is a #REF! error.

jamj1974

The items they are referencing are some column headers containing dates. The date is in the format dd_month_yyyy.

njee20
    Free Member

Do the data ranges under those column headers contain 2014 dates?

jamj1974

njee20, underneath those column headers you only have values for an amount of hours allocated in that week.

jamj1974

Bump

Greybeard
    Free Member

Since it works if you change the system date, there must be something in the spreadsheet that uses the current date. Search for NOW() and if it’s there, see how the result is used.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I think they are named ranges or hidden tabs? Not near a computer. Could it be sql code behind the ranges?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Must be the day for it more Excel guru help needed!’ is closed to new replies.