Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Music – hearing things 'again', differently
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just put some tunes on and in the track I’m listening to (I’m not saying what it is, you’ll laugh) there’s a real, REAL DEEP bassline that cuts in and out in the first minute or so, that i’ve NEVER heard before (presses track back, ohh that’s DEEP!) despite it being one of my favorites….. must be the headphones I guess…..

me likey!
    🙂

camo16
    Free Member

Just imagine what Jennifer Rush’s Power of Love would sound like on those ‘phones.

Sonic sensation!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

now there’s an idea!
    **rushes off to iTunes**

DezB
    Free Member

Is it True Faith by New Order?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Fek no. 😉

Think poppy/punky.

DezB
    Free Member

Love Will Tear Us Apart?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It will. You’re right.

philconsequence
    Free Member

sk8er boi – avril lavinginer?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Is it Garbage?

camo16
    Free Member

You can do it / Brand New Heavies ?

MSP

Try listening to the stone roses while stoned if you want to hear things you haven’t heard before.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is it Garbage?

No, I think it’s very good!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Aaaanyway, LL Cool J on now… 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

sk8er boi – avril lavinginer?

Sorry missed that post.

That’s gotta be THE best guess EVER. Well done! 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

L7……

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry. Doing a REALLY REALLY EFFING BRAIN NUMBING JOB today.

philconsequence
    Free Member

thought as much. 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry. Help me. Somebody shoot me. It’s kinder.

julianwilson
    Free Member

My phenomenally crap car stereo has nevertheless somhow brought some ‘tweety/chirrupy’ electro (errr, high frequency i suppose) bits out of a couple of albums i thought i knew well too.

My speaker cables must be in the wrong way up 😉

Edukator
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npnGTnupBX0&feature=BFa&list=PLA4AFE26F5A3AAC5F&lf=mh_lolz[/video]

Fleetwood and McVie use floopy bass strings and drum skins.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6G5e65YdwA&feature=autoplay&list=PLA4AFE26F5A3AAC5F&lf=mh_lolz&playnext=1[/video]

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Sorry. Help me. Somebody shoot me. It’s kinder.

Now that’s a surprise! Though I wouldn’t egg anybody on in this forum

Cougar

Years ago, a mate of mine was learning guitar, and he got a music / tablature book of one of my favourite albums.

Leafing through it, I came across a score on one of the tracks that made absolutely no sense. I typed it into a music program on the computer, and it still made no sense.

So I went back to the CD (or probably, cassette) and played it. And, there it was, a whole rhythm guitar section in the background that I’d just never heard before despite listening to it hundreds of times. To this day, whenever I hear that track, it still baffles me because it’s really obvious once you’ve had it pointed out.

DezB
    Free Member

You only liked L7 cos they used to get their ladybits out on stage

CountZero

You only liked L7 cos they used to get their ladybits out on stage

Not when I saw them they didn’t. Neither did Stacia when I saw Hawkwind either. 😐

yunki
    Free Member

my guess is Beyonce – single ladies

CountZero

I certainly notice things going on in the background on lots of tracks listening via quality canalphones compared to regular speakers, having the music directly ‘injected’ straight into yer lug’oles really brings out the subtle stuff; hearing a singers lips open just fractionally before she sings, odd background noises in studios or live recordings, and really deep bass lurking underneath the main mix. Although a subwoofer does show up stuff that regular speakers can’t get down to.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Music – hearing things 'again', differently’ is closed to new replies.