Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Music fads that just passed you by
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

Madchester and Rave for me, never got into either regardless of the mounting peer pressure when i was at school. Too busy enjoying Sonic Youth and Fugazi to notice

what about you?

bassspine
    Free Member

madchester.
    R'n'B after they changed it from proper music to warblyshite.
    Abba

Stoner
    Free Member

Fast automatic daffodils.

whoosh….

oldfart

How Rap is still going after all these years is beyond me .One trick pony comes to mind .While we are at it what's with all the pointing to the genitals stuff ?
    Also today's RnB ?Trades description act surely ?
    I t bears as much resemblance to rhythm and blues as i do to the pope !
    As for urban ,garage et al .Hmmmm !

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

How Rap is still going after all these years is beyond me

How much hip hop do you listen to?
    If you only hear whats in the the "charts" then you will only hear bland rubbish.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Fast automatic daffodils.

whoosh….
    Same as. New Fast Automatic Dafodils were pretty good though. 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

Punk really, just too young. I do like a reasonable amount of punk influenced stuff though, so at some point I may get it. For angry, visceral music I tend to prefer nasty electronic stuff though.

noteeth
    Free Member

Death Metal.

Gabba.

nickc

Metal. In all it's forms is just pollution. How anyone can listen to more than 20 seconds of acdc is beyond me.

djglover
    Free Member

Acid Jazz

Tossers wearing my granddads hat backwards dancing like pricks

CaptJon
    Free Member

Garage

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

All the big 70s rock bands. Pink Floyd and all thar crap. Over priduced contrived nonsense

slimtubing
    Free Member

pretty much on board with the OP, Shoegazing,boybands,manufactured handbag from SAW,House,trance,rare groove,big beat,jungle, you wouldn't know that i love music in all its forms from that would you?
    just spent too much of my 20's wandering europed following NMA and ignoring the radio.

Houns

Most bands, rock, indie and anything else that can be covered by those genders is complete gash

noteeth
    Free Member

covered by those genders

Sexist.

bananaworld
    Free Member

nickc – Member

Metal. In all it's forms is just pollution. How anyone can listen to more than 20 seconds of acdc is beyond me.

Dear Maker, I hope this is a troll and I am guilty of feeding it. Please let it be troll, please…

jahwomble
    Free Member

I missed the whole Madchester and rave thing, was much too busy listening to husker du,big black, black flag, dinosaur jr and head of david.

luked2
    Free Member

For reasons I won't go into here, I spent my entire formative years just listening to brass band music, and occasional shots of classical (nothing later than Sibelius, and not even Shostakovitch).

Can't say any of the things mentioned here ring any bells. Apart from Abba. Hard to escape that really without living on a desert island.

So the only recent music I know is anything that gets played at bike races 🙁

CountZero

Most bands, rock, indie and anything else that can be covered by those genders is complete gash

which means you only like bland, unchallenging pap like Will Young, Boys2Men, Take That, Boyzone, etc. What is it, exactly, about rock, indie and suchlike that frightens you? Such a poor, sensitive, fragile flower, I'll bet you have to cross the street if you see a fifteen year-old girl with a Foo Fighters, HIM or NIN t-shirt on.

iDave
    Free Member

house
    jungle
    garage
    hip hop
    ravy stuff
    rap
    and so on

noteeth
    Free Member

All the big 70s rock bands

I give you…. Aphrodite's Child!

A song so bad, it goes full circle and becomes amazing. Especially that guitar solo. It's like the Old Testament.

Houns

Ooooh yeah so scary 🙄

Oh yeah of course it only means i like that sort of music Double : roll :

Hairychested
    Free Member

nickc – Member

Metal or AC/DC?

yunki
    Free Member

anything marketed by nme or the radio…

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

The Beatles. Its just twee pop music

Kuco

t®ibal©hief – Member
    house
    jungle
    garage
    hip hop
    ravy stuff
    rap
    and so on

+1

xherbivorex
    Free Member

most electronic music.
    i just couldn't/can't get into it at all.

various sub-genres of stuff too, such as:
    nu-metal. what? mall metal, sports metal, jock metal or whatever else it get called- all of it, utter sh!te.
    gruff punk- bands like gaslight anthem, hot water music and so on. melodic punk that bizarrely sounds like bruce springsteen, with songs about how much the bands drink and smoke because their birds dumped them. no mate, i have no idea what you're on about.

agree with so-called "RnB", and most modern hip hop (still love old stuff like PE, BDP, gang starr, EPMD etc though).

john_drummer
    Free Member

two tone
    "RnB"
    aceeeed
    Abba
    Pink Floyd
    rap
    new american "punk". Punk? I think not

have a listen to this see if that passes you by. I dare say the Sibelius fan won't like it, but I hope it's not too offensive for the rest of you

Kuco

Punk always thought punk was utter crap.

john_drummer
    Free Member

most of it was. Some gems though

DezB
    Free Member

Some strange answers to a strange thread .
    "How Rap is still going after all these years is beyond me" jeez!

Things that passed me by are things that I don't like. Simples.

Never dismiss an entire genre as usually there's something that I'll like coming out of them, even if its just 1 or 2 tracks. Yes, maybe even heavy metal.

sc-xc

Loads have passed me by, it's only now that I am older and wiser that I can see the beauty in all kinds of music.

slimtubing – Member

just spent too much of my 20's wandering europed following NMA and ignoring the radio.

Same here…what era were you?

The old me would have hated the me now, but the me now knows the old me was a bit blinkered when it came to music 8)

sc-xc

(or what dez said)

noteeth
    Free Member

Never dismiss an entire genre as usually there's something that I'll like coming out of them

Nothing good will ever come out of Donk.

M6TTF
    Free Member

DONK!

Kuco

Some bands like MUSE

Musically I think they are great then that droning dwarf starts and just wrecks it.

Edukator
    Free Member

Punk a fad! Ignorant bunch. Du hast einen beschissenen Musikgeschmack

DezB
    Free Member

Nothing good will ever come out of Donk.
    I don't mind that 🙂 !

Actually, if the X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent, reality bollocks can be called a fad/genre then I will admit to dismissing the whole of that shit.

Hairychested
    Free Member

John, is it your band? Pretty good even if not quite my cup of tea.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

that donk thing- whilst musically it makes me want to teleport myself to mars and plot the end of humanity, i have a certain degree of respect and admiration for that lot for doing what they wanted to do, on their terms.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Music fads that just passed you by’ is closed to new replies.