Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • muppets at trail centres
  • yunki
    Free Member

scotroutes

😆

cokie

Last time I tried that, this happened..

[about 8 years ago]

yunki
    Free Member

muppet!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Could get a bit crowded.

jekkyl

Cannock’s always fun on a saturday in the summer. Riding past the lads and larger lassies up from the estates on BSOs having a go round the dog. Not wearing helmets, not wearing appropriate clothing (jeans?) and not a clue about how much effort it actually takes to get round a trail centre (i.e. a lot more than they were thinking) usually in large groups of 6 or 7 and there’s almost always one with gears that just continually slip, likely due to the fact that the bike was used a lot a few years ago but has been sat in the shed for years untouched. So they’re holding up all their tattooed pals up cursing at the stupid effing thing, while the ladies waddle up the hills blocking the trails for everyone else and stopping for a fag! lol.

Bregante

Bloody e-bikes

zanelad
    Free Member

Jekkyl, you paint a wonderful picture.

I’m tempted to go there myself. 😀

rocketman
    Free Member

jekkyl +1 so true

cokie

Jekyll, isn’t that every trail centre?
    I was at Swinley the other day after a smattering of snow and horrific icey slush and saw about 10 people out in jeans, hoodies and trainers halfway round the red with no mudguards, helmets, water bottles or bags 😯

asbrooks

No mudgards! 😯 Whatever next?

jameso

saw about 10 people out in jeans, hoodies and trainers halfway round the red with no mudguards, helmets, water bottles or bags

Why not I suppose. That’s how I started out riding off-road as a teenager, jeans and wellies, no lid.

Muppets are great, sunday evenings haven’t been the same since they stopped the Muppet Show.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

saw about 10 people out in jeans, hoodies and trainers halfway round the red with no mudguards, helmets, water bottles or bags

None of that really seems like a problem for a lap round Swinley Park. Sure they could be a little more comfortable and possibly a little safer with all the gear but I expect a lot of us started out similarly equipped.

cokie

Suit yourself! I think I’d stay at home rather than slog around a 14 mile loop in 1-2’C weather in saturated clothes, no protection and no easy way out. Not my idea of enjoyment, or particularly responsible.

fasthaggis

At trail centres,I think that thee most important thing,is to always look your best..

qwerty
    Free Member

😉

40mpg

Me, aged 16.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/DP9BEV]2016-02-09_08-44-38[/url] by Allan, on Flickr

Back then I knew no better, but look where it got me! (here 🙄 )

fasthaggis

^^ needed more prep and makeup

soobalias
    Free Member

i saw a guy at swinley, he didnt even have gears

jam-bo

and no easy way out

where is this swinley wilderness?

rOcKeTdOg

Trail looks a bit technical to be a trail centre.

Does Rowlf count as a trail dog?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Bloody e-bikes

s’ Electric Mayhem innit!

amedias
    Free Member

saw about 10 people out in jeans, hoodies and trainers halfway round the red

pretty much how we all used to ride in the 90s as teenagers then!

tinybits
    Free Member

I had a camel back as well!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘muppets at trail centres’ is closed to new replies.