Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Munro Riding?
  • CalD
    Free Member

Hey
    Just wondering if any of you guys have any recommendations for riding down some real hills? Preferrably pushable/rideable all the way to the top (I have a Session and an XC bike) I've already done Ben Lomond and Ben Chonzie and just wondering what other ones are out there?!
    Thanks 🙂

fizzer
    Free Member

Mullach Clach a Bhlair & Sgor Gaoithe

Beinn a Bhuird & Ben Avon next up

munroist 2926

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Lochnagar

Lots of others too, if you're prepared to do a bit of carrying and some research into nesting birds etc.

Some Cairngorm summits fall withing SSSI's which is a bit of an ethical conundrum.

CalD
    Free Member

Yea that kind of put me off the cairngorms but it didnt stop them building a charming skidevelopment/train. Thanks guys any more? Did you walk the hills before so u knew what the routes were like or just chance it?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Off the top of my head…

Broad Cairn and most of the White Mounth plateau
    Beinn a Bhuird and Beinn A'an
    Glas Tuilachean (rideable all the way)
    Mount Keen

Need to give a bit more thought to the West

(Munroist 3980)

steelytail
    Free Member

All of the above and
    Mount Keen. Broad Cairn. Carn an t'Saigairt Mor. Glas Moal. Cairn of Claise. Glas Tulaichean. Ben Macdui.

All involve some pushing. But mostly ridable up and virtually all down.

Garry_Lager

Mayar and Driesh? Stuartie_c lead a STW ride up to the coll 'tween the two a while back which is approx 800m – proper descent awaits.

steelytail
    Free Member

GL which way did you come off Driesh? I've ridden down the Kilbo path back to Glen Doll. It was pretty wet that day and the rocks were slippery.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Of course! How could I forget about those Garry-L?

The summit of Mayar would be easily attainable from the col but Dreish could be hard work.

Garry_Lager

We took the Kilbo path – was dry enough. Personally found it v difficult – I was pretty knackered from a long ride so didn't really give it my best, but even if I was fresh as a daisy I think I would have found it tough. Plenty of folk straightened it out though, I think some rode the rocky bit clean through.

I'd like to try it again and get to grips with it – it must be up there as one of the better descents in the UK.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Munro Riding?’ is closed to new replies.