Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mummy wants a bike.
  • izakimak
    Free Member

My mum wants a hybrid bike and has a budget of £350-£400. It will be used for pottering into town, pootling along canal towpaths and riding round the countryside with my dad when on holiday. She would like mudguards and a rack on it. So what does the collective think she should go and look at or try out? All help much appreciated.

mboy
    Free Member

How tall is she?

If she's not a shorty, it'd be well worth checking this out…

Don't laugh just cos it says Carrera on the side and is from Halfords! It's got the Shimano Nexus hub on it, which would also mean zero maintenance for her/you/your father, and is actually a pretty good bike for the money. Certainly for the same budget elsewhere you'd be looking at very low end derailleur gears and a lower spec everywhere.

izakimak
    Free Member

Maverick boy: She's 5ft5.

mboy
    Free Member

Be worth popping down your local Halfords to give it a try then… Hybrids size totally different to MTB's…

ando227
    Free Member

YGM

clwydrider
    Free Member

Have got to agree that Carrera looks perfect for your mum. Service at Halfords can be iffy, but can be very good, either way if you know bikes you can set her up in the right position. Would recomend a basket for the front, my makes it so much easier and safer if she wants to pick up a few things whilst she is out.

izakimak
    Free Member

Thanks chaps the subway 8 looks good but she would prefer one with a sloping top tube bit like the old girly bikes used to be. She reckon's she will have difficulty getting her leg over a 'normal' style frame. Anymore suggestions?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mummy wants a bike.’ is closed to new replies.