Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Multi tools
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

So I’m looking at the amount of tools I carry in my camelbak and the excess weight..
    Anybody aware of a multi tool with the following bits:
    Allen key: 2,2.5,3,4,5,6,8
    Torx bit: 15,25
    Philips: 2
    11 speed compatible chain tool

Most don’t have the torx 15 or 11 speed chain tool..

orangeboy
    Free Member

If your splitting a bust chain to fit a quick link does it have to be 11 speed specific

dovebiker

Lezyne V-11 or SV-11 comes close

jam-bo

Ratchet rocket

Goldigger
    Free Member

No idea about the chain tool..I’ve been using the same chain tool on 9/10/11 speed chains…so I’m not sure if there is any difference to worry about? Probably just a marketing ploy..

garlic
    Free Member

Can’t recommend a specific tool but definitely check what you get is 11 speed compatible as some don’t work with 11 speed chains. My Crank Bros M19 doesn’t hold an 11 speed chain securely enough as the gap is too wide and shallow. My 20 year old Shimano chain tool works fine however.

z1ppy

Interesting that, as my chain tool on the m17 has seen a bit too much use (10 years..) I was considering another but had seen a review saying as much (can’t handle 11 speed).

Hmm what to get, am kinda drawn to the longer allen keys on the Hexus, the chain tool on that any good, anyone?
    Still missing the T15 for the OP, though what do you need that for on the trail? (interested, not being arsey)

Goldigger
    Free Member

Well don’t really need it on the trail..the pins in saint peddels are T15’s.
    Was just thinking one tool to cover it all.
    I can always carry the double ender that comes with a reverb.. T15/25

njee20
    Free Member

Topeak Hexus 11 is excellent. No T15, but that’s proper niche.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Multi tools’ is closed to new replies.