Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • multi-day touring….. how?
  • alpin
    Free Member

just thinking out loud here…..

i've ridden quite a few long distance trips (London – Munich, 3 weeks; Bavarian Alps, 3 days; Transalp, 6 days; Lake Constance, 3 days) and have usually either carried everything in the BOB Yak or on my back.

i have to ride across the Alps in a few weeks so that i know the route before i take customers out. i'll be un-assisted and unless i come into any real money soon, poor. i'm not even going to entertain the idea of towing the BOB…

last year a mate and i slept out rough with a tarp, air-mat and sleeping bag. it worked but the extra weight (and size) of the air-mat was a PITA.

i was thinking that this year i may take my hammock (rolls down to nothing, weighs f-all), a small tarp and my sleeping bag. should this work?

i've also found a Topeak rack that fits onto the seatpost in the F-in-Laws basement. has anyone used these before? the more weight off my back, the better, right?

Stoner
    Free Member

a hammock really limits your sleeping location. Why not look at a thermarest prolite 3/4 – very small when rolle dup.

alpin
    Free Member

then the end of my bag is on the floor. i did figure if it's real brass monkeys or there aren't any spots to hang my hammock i'd stump up the cash for the night.

midlifecrashes

ThermaRest NeoAir looks to solve that

From this review
    Clicky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘multi-day touring….. how?’ is closed to new replies.