Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Multi Day Alps/Pyrenees routes
  • Joe

Does anyone know of any multi day routes (maybe joined up with lifts) which I could follow for a few days in the alps/pyrenees (on something like a Orange Five).

Looking for great singletrack and some peace and quiet at other times.

Joe

Nobody?

Joe

HAHA…Seems i posted the same topic exactly three years ago after some googling….

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/multi-day-offroad-cycle-journeys-in-the-alps

Miguelo

In the Pyrenees there’s “Cerdanya 360” a 4 to 6 days circular route in the Cerdanya valley, direct train access from Barcelona, but not lift assisted. (Although there are at least 2 bike parks in the area if you have time, La Molina and Les Angles?). These people organize transfers, accommodation and supply a route book, but should be doable on your own, plenty of info in wikiloc

freeridenick
    Free Member

Tour du Mt Blanc.

higgo
    Free Member

Tour du Mont Blanc

I have a good 4 day route mapped and rode much of it last year.

Short version…
    We rode Day 1, Day 2 morning, had lunch and did the big climb on Day 2 afternoon. Then one of the party, on a flat smooth bit of trail, found two rocks. He was adjusting his pack when he hit the first and landed sternum first on the second. Day 3 was a write off with Italian hospitals and travel back to Chamonix. Day 4 the rest of us got the train and rode up to where the planned route would join the Cham valley (Col des Possettes), played on the lifts for a bit and the finished the route.

Unless you are VERY fit there will be a lot of pushing and some carrying. Also, while there are some superb bits of trail on the route, the attraction is the location.

If you want more detail my email address is in my profile.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Multi Day Alps/Pyrenees routes’ is closed to new replies.