Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Mull – Sounds like the word Dull – But is there any Mtbing there
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

I asked this question about 5 years ago and i can’t find the thread, i never actually went then but might go this June. What are the options for riding and things to do?

Davesport

I’ve been several times. Never did any MTBing though. Kayaking, snorkeling & eating chips in Tobermory.

scruff9252

I’d say almost certainly. Never had the mtn bike over, but I ran a great trail half mara there last year. Out of Tobermorry and up & round ardmore point through deserted villiages and up to a radio mast. Saw eagles & otters.

Get a map and go and explore, it’s a cracking island!

The mishnish is great for and island and you will not get better fish & chips anywhere better than the silver van on the pier.

kimbers

the song does it no favours either , yaaaawwwnnn

gwaelod
    Free Member

Midges the size of house sparrows…..Fahsands of em Sir!

gordimhor

Geography not a strong point then Kimbers

poly
    Free Member

Kimbers showing impressive geographic knowledge…

crankboy
    Free Member

I once googled mountain biking in ardnamerchan the peninsula to the north of mull and found a blog by a group of mountain bikers from Mull so I assume there is some.

crankboy
    Free Member
    perchypanther
    Free Member

Kimbers in the Sahara yesterday……. 🙂

arrpee
    Free Member

My own attempts have been a mixed bag, but I didn’t mange to tap into any local knowledge. It would be a great place for a road bike, or what I believe the kids are calling “gravel bikes”. I mostly rode around Glengorm and Loch Frisa; miles of fire roads with great views, but attempts to find singletrack typically ended in miles of hike-a-bike with plenty of waist-deep bogs.

Great island though. Make sure you go whale/shark-watching. Sea Life surveys in Tobermory are excellent.

kcal

LOL @ Kimbers epic fail there.

+1 for the fish and chips on the pier. Almost converted my wife away from vegetarianism 🙂
    Calgary Bay too.

zinaru
    Free Member

mull is a great island, ive got friends that stay on iona and ive biked over the island numerous times. although I’m always on a mountain bike, there isn’t much in the way of trails – just lovely single track roads. beautiful place to visit and if your lucky with the weather its stunning but proper mountain biking wise – look at places on the mainland.

a boat trip to staffa and the treshnish isles well worth it.

(years ago, while out on staffa a mate jokingly asked if i reckoned everyone has mountain biked on the island. i said i did’nt know… 10 minutes later, we had completed a loop of the whole island)

kimbers

I’m still not convinced they aren’t the same place

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m still not convinced they aren’t the same place

Try swimming between them. That might convince you. 😀

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I had a pootle about Glengorm estate too, nothing to really light your fire. I think if we go back I’ll take the road bike. You could google walking on Mull, see if anything is suitable.

tiggs121
    Free Member

I suppose you could hike up Ben More and ride down??

As for Kimbers………..oh dear!

I wonder if he thinks the Mull of Galloway is the same place too?

Marin
    Free Member

Camp on the shore by Ben Moore path great spot for a night.

seosamh77
    Free Member

gordimhor – Member
    Geography not a strong point then Kimbers

😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Mull – Sounds like the word Dull – But is there any Mtbing there’ is closed to new replies.