Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Muhammad Ali
  • DezB
    Free Member

I just saw a clip where Ali’s wife was asked a question and he said she only speaks when he lets her!
    But, you idiots! I knew this about him, I knew he had a mistress in Ziare while his wife was at home, I knew he said bad things about Joe Frazier, I knew his racial politics were confused, I knew he was a flawed character who hit people for a living.
    You aren’t going to teach me anything (and nor is **** Google) that will stop me thinking he is the greatest boxer I’ve ever seen and being in absolute awe of the man. And being sad at him dying.
    And I won’t be taking down the picture of him I have up in my kitchen! 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

His boxing, gift for the gab and resulting fame gave him the power to change his country and the world we live in. He used that power well IMO.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Its funny, you mention “pet racist” and bloodynora turns up insulting people. 😆

Beetlejuice.
    Beetlejuice.
    Beetlejuice!!!

gonzy
    Free Member

a bit late to the party but i’ll throw my tuppence in
    it was his birthday on friday and it was sad to hear that he ended up in hospital on life support…i really wanted him to recover but that was me being selfish because i couldnt imagine a world without a guy like him…but i felt that if he was suffering the the suffering should end so he could finally be at peace.
    it was my daughters 4th birthday the following day when he sadly passed away. i was stuck in between happiness for my daughter and overwhelming sadness for his passing. my wife felt the same and she actually was crying in bed when she read about his death.
    to me the man was a legend…a hero…an inspiration…and now God has taken him back.
    he was human and had his flaws but nobody is perfect…but the greatness about hi personality, his charisma, his warmth, the dignity with which he conducted himself, his courage far outweighed the flaws he had as a human.

yes there is the strong link between his illness and the shots he took to his head but i cant remember him ever attributing it to boxing or blaming boxing for it.

the only solace is that he passed away on the eve of Ramadan and that the gates of heaven be left open for him

BoardinBob

wilburt – Member
    Best HW boxer in my lifetime by some distance is Evander Holyfield

Hmm. I’ve always had question marks over Holyfield. No doubt a great boxer, but I think his heavyweight record flatters to deceive.

Won the HW title from Buster Douglas who was crap in reality, with the exception of the once in a lifetime performance against Tyson and the circumstances around that fight
    Beat an ancient Foreman
    Beat an ancient Holmes
    Lost to Michael Moorer, who then went on to lose to Foreman!
    Beat the shell of Tyson and all the nonsense there
    Lost to Lewis twice (despite what the judges said in the 1st fight)
    Lost to Ruiz, one of the worst heavyweight champions I’ve ever seen
    Pissed away his legacy by carrying on far too long and taking beatings from very poor fighters

Then on top of that he was roided off his head (“evan field” scandal)

Exciting fighter, and the Bowe trilogy was great, but not a great heavyweight in his own era (“peak” Tyson would have dispatched him, Lewis beat him twice, Bowe beat him twice)

DezB
    Free Member

Wilburt did end his post with: “who the **** cares what I think”…

dragon
    Free Member

Pissed away his legacy by carrying on far too long and taking beatings from very poor fighters

It’s hardly uncommon for fighters to stay on too long, look at the end of Ali and Tyson’s careers.

BoardinBob

dragon – Member
    It’s hardly uncommon for fighters to stay on too long, look at the end of Ali and Tyson’s careers.

Holyfield had to drag on his career because he has 11 kids to 6 different women 😯

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Muhammad Ali’ is closed to new replies.