Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Mudhugger shorty vs mudhugger FR
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Gotama – Member 
    These are the ones joemmo linked to earlier in the thread..
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00APYIL5W/?tag=velcrouk-21

cheers, just saw after id posted, worth a shot I guess, even if they clog up least its only a 6 quid trial….

Gotama
    Free Member

Never had any issues with the Velcro ones that were supplied with another brand of guard I bought a while ago albeit I can’t remember the name. That said, after buying those tabs, I remembered noticing more wear on the fork arch when I took it off which then led me to wonder whether the looser Velcro is more prone to moving around whilst riding compared to zipties. Either way, I covered my 36s in helitape so its a mute point but might be worth putting something on your forks if you’re in any way precious about paint rub.

joemmo
    Free Member

cheers, obviously it took about 5 takes before I got it done in under a minute.

Yes the straps can clog with mud but not while they are fastened so you just wash it off before you put the guard on next time. Only a problem if you take the guard off mid ride. AFAIK the FR should have slots like the shorty, couldn’t see why they wouldn’t have – but I don’t know for sure.

re: fork wear – I taped the arch and the bits where the guard sits on the legs. Even with zip ties mud is going to get in there and be abrasive

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cool cheers for info, good backup then if the car positioning ends up not working out, it worked well last night in its new found sturdy position so as long as I can replicate that every time I put it in (seems like I’m always doing it!) then ill stick with it 🙂

iainc

Bought an FR on the back of this thread to replace a mucky Nutz one on my Soul. Just fitted with the supplied cableties, plus a few more and given it a wee spin – seems pretty decent, solid and good coverage, so planning on leaving it on for the winter…

I was using the muckynutz as a permanent one and adding their downtube one for wetter rides, so will see how this compares on its own.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Its pisses on anything else ive used by some margain, you wont regret it, its a godesend in winter it really is

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Mudhugger shorty vs mudhugger FR’ is closed to new replies.