Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mudhugger in a reba?
  • core

Sorry if this has been done before (I did search, honest), but I’d like to know if a mudhugger front mudguard fits a reba fork?

I’ve got both 26″/120mm, and 29″/100mm reba’s.

Reason being due to the shape of the fork crown I can’t get a muckynutz to fit well, and I’m sure I saw something about these mudhuggers requiring some work to get them to fit also?

isitafox
    Free Member

Have you tried making your own Muckynutz from a plastic A4 folder? I made one for my Reba’s (though they are 2006 I think so maybe different) which fits fine.

rOcKeTdOg

Mudhugger will fit, & fits even better with a bit of hairdrying. Remember to tape the contact points to avoid paint rub, once fitted you can forget it’s there it’ll not move

core

Presuming with the hairdryer you’re just heating the mudhugger up enough to make it a bit more pliable and forming it to the shape of the fork crown?

rOcKeTdOg

Yep that’s it

g5604
    Free Member

I barely get my tyre under my Reba, bloody stupid bridge design.

steve_b77
    Free Member

The RR enduro guard fits nicely.

brucegardiner
    Free Member

HI,
    Bruce here from mudhugger Youtube blog from a great guy who had the same problem and decided to show how to fix it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhS1TlQQVs

mtbel
    Free Member

g5604 – Member
    I barely get my tyre under my Reba, bloody stupid bridge design.

True!
    if you ride in properly claggy muddy places even after cutting a section out and heating it to conform to the Reba arch there won’t be enough clearance for your tyre to clear of mud so the mudguard will act as a mud funnel constantly stopping your wheel turning.
    the only solution to this is to either remove the mudguard, or to fit a narrower/mud specific tyre.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mudhugger in a reba?’ is closed to new replies.