Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mudguards for my Genesis Datum
  • breninbeener

I have just built up my Genesis Datum and its first proper outing will be the NC500 with bukepacking gear. I have some SKS chromoplastics on a tourer and my gf has some race blades on her road bike. Can anyone recommend what i should get? The bike will be used with 25-28 road tyres and sometimes Challenge gravel grinders in a 32mm size.

happybiker
    Free Member

I had Race blade XL on mine and in proper rain there was loads of spray of the front wheel. Got some Bluemels from Halfords and they are brilliant!

breninbeener

Which model Bluemel did you use?

Are they conventional guards with stays etc?

STATO
    Free Member

Sks longboards for extra depth on the front wheel. Assuming your fork has a hole for mudguards which some didnt originally.

I fitted some lovely carbon swarf mudguards to mine, which were ace until i realised the crap rivnut on the fork legs was badly installed so now my bike (whole bike, they wouldnt just take the fork!!?) is with Genesis warranty to get it replaced.

So keep an eye on your fork leg mounts to make sure there is no movement in the rivnut!

breninbeener

Hi Stato, im sure we emailed…is it still not resolved? Thats a pain! I will check those guards out.

STATO
    Free Member

Hi, yes we did thanks. LBS was trying to get Genesis (or sportline their warrenty provider) to see sense but they want the whole bike back not just fork, im sure they have their reasons but its a pain, and ive been away with work so it got delayed. Should be back with me soon fingers crossed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards for my Genesis Datum’ is closed to new replies.