Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mudguards for Manitou /reverse arch forks?
  • orena45

Anyone tried a Bender Fender on backwards? Does it work… would the XL fitted backwards work best?

Or is a Neoguard the only option?

Shackleton

I modded a back to front bender fender XL to fit mine but it was a pain to get it to fit correctly. Eventually I managed to get it to work by trimming the front (the back part for a normal fork) off as it just stuck up in the air, creased the front lip in two places (just beyond each side of the tyre) to give a boxier profile to the front, punched a new hole to fit the velcro through to the arch and then twisted the arms around to the front of the fork lowers (90 degrees from where they would normally be) to get the back to stay down.

A bit of a faff but it works and has done without complaint for 18 months like that. If I could have found a sheet of the plastic used I’d have made my own but it all turned out fine in the end.

wiggles
    Free Member

Fitted a bender Xl backwards on my manitou s and seemed to work OK.

molgrips
    Free Member

Only thing that worked for me was a front crud flap thing ziptied onto the fork crown (ignore the crappy clamps it comes with) and a crudcatcher on the downtube.

rOcKeTdOg

standard guard, just made some extra holes

orena45

Cheers all. Will look at getting a new Bender Fender and get my scissors out 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

Also, in the spares section on the mucky nutz website you can by the fender cheaper without the Velcro, I always just use cable ties

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards for Manitou /reverse arch forks?’ is closed to new replies.