Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mudguards for kids 20" bike?
  • Freester

Hi,

Looking for some recommendations for mudguards for my lad’s bike. It’s a 20″ MTB style bike (Orbea MX20 if it matters).

We’ve been enjoying the muddy trails this weekend but Mrs F doesn’t appreciate Freester Jr coming home like this.

Any recommendations?

TIA

TiRed

SKS Bluemels come in 406. You may struggle under a really knobbly tyre. I have a spare front one if you are local to try.

cookeaa

decathlon 20″ guards for a fiver?

designed so you can clip these lights on too.

Or they do zip tie on front and rear jobbies that you could take the scissors to if necessary…

takisawa2

Tried cheapie when youngest had his Benin 20, but bought the ones from Islabike in the end.

ads678

My daughter has decathlon ones on her MX20, work fine.

5lab

One of those arse guards that clip under the saddle might do the job, or a crud catcher? I used to run a front guard ziptied to the searstays on a pub bmx, but that had a seatstay mounted brake

davewalsh
    Free Member

Another +1 for the Decathlon mudguards. I’ve been using them on the kids bikes for years.

Freester

Cheers all. The SKS rowdy had shown up in the search. Will take a look at the Decathlon option as well.

daviek

I tried fitting one of the ones that clip onto the seat rails on the daughters small Beinn 20 but it sat really close to the back tyre at the time, might be better now her seat is a little higher. Those decathlon ones look the business though

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards for kids 20" bike?’ is closed to new replies.