Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mudguards for CX commuter
  • hairylegs
    Free Member

Time to get the commute bike ready for winter and get the mudguard situ sorted.

The bike is a Whyte Saxon Cross with 35mm tyres. Last winter I used SKS Raceblades XL but am wanting to fit a full length set of guards. It has threaded holes on the drop-outs and there’s a hole on the front forks so I’m thinking of something permanent rather than the clip-on/removable style of raceblades.

Any suggestions?

benp1

These are on my Arkose and have been excellent – http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sks-chromoplastic-mudguards/rp-prod25793

hairylegs
    Free Member

Cheers …looks like a good call!

Just wondering about choice of size. A 35mm tyre is in the upper range of the 45mm guard. Is it worth going for the 50mm guard to give a little more clearance to stop it getting clogged with mud? My commute can involve some pretty muddy bridleways which did occasionally jam up the Racebaldes last winter

D0NK

sks chromoplastic p50s work well on my cx, 35mm tyres too.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I was using PDW Full Metal Fenders but due to the broken road surfaces I commute on I was getting a lot of metal twanging, they don’t rattle at all but they do twang.

I replaced with SKS matt black guards, with matt black stays.

I used to use sks longboards, the extra length is great but there’s a lot of unsupported guard so the don’t last that long.

I’ll be sticking the pdw’s on eBay.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards for CX commuter’ is closed to new replies.