Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mudguard Advice
  • Dogsby

Hello All,

Having gone out on my new Canyon Nreve the other day and got rather covered in mud I think it is time for some mudguards. It looks like the Cyraguard MTB or Crudcatchers are the main options. Has anyone any experience of how these fit to a Nerve? I am thinking in particular of the front one.

Cheers

Dogsby

argoose
    Free Member

Mucky nutz fender bender for the front crud catcher for rear

Northwind

Front crudcatcher and everything else that looks the same is very poor. You can combine one with a Bender Fender and get a pretty decent result though…

For me, Bender Fenders on all the bikes all the time, except when it’s orrible at which point on goes a Shockboard. The shockboard mounting hardware is pish but a couple of cable ties sort it, and it’s absolutely brilliant at being a mudguard, which most mudguards aren’t.

Have they fixed the rear crudcatcher yet? Mine needed totally rebuilt to make it work, bit of lathework, some plastic welding and it was very good but as it came, it was crap.

coatesy
    Free Member

Just made a copy of a Mucky nutz using the side of an empty Halfords gallon shampoo container, works the same, but cost nowt and saved me £8.99. Couldn’t have taken me more than ten minutes.

JoeG
    Free Member

Zefal no mud for the rear.

Edit – looks hideous in the front, though. I have an SKS for the front.

althepal

No mud does it for me at the back on my 575, bender fender clone made from a milk carton at the front.
    Just gonna splurge and get the real thing.,

Dogsby

Cheers JoeG and Althepal, Zefal on order. It looks like just the thing.

Dogsby

flyingmm

I know it states ‘patent pending’, but honestly, stealing other folks intellectual property really sucks. If you want great ideas like the bender fender to flourish, then pay up…….

Rant over – You wont be disappointed with it Dogsby

b45her
    Free Member

anything more substantial than a marsh guard just makes a bike look hideous, i’d rather get muddy.

Northwind

To be fair, it’s not a new idea… Way I see it is, making your own from scratch is OK, tracing round one or otherwise copying it isn’t.

And tracing round one then selling it as a Marsh Guard is being a ****.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

To me that rear zefal looks like they’ve downright ripped off the Decathlon £9 one:

😉

#Edit – I’m sure you’ll excuse the Ice tyres with their reflective hoops.

JoeG
    Free Member

The Zefal one has a system that clamps to the chainstay. I understand the Decath only mounts to v brake bosses, and those are kinda rare on new bikes these days…

rhysw
    Free Member

The Defender from Mojo is the one to have. It actually looks ok as well.
    It’s a little pricey though

slparsons
    Free Member

Anyone using the zefals on 29″ wheels, or suggest anything else that would work on my Fargo.

I’d probably go will full guards if they were available to fit proper size 2.1″ tyres, as far as I know they’re not (at least in the uk) unless someone can tell me different?

Cheers,
    Steve

althepal

Looked at the marsh guard.. Blatant rip off,
    “As a bonus, it’s made from recycled materials and can be recycled itself”- Pah!
    What a crock. I made my own from a 3l milk carton as the shape was already curved but like I said above- will be getting a real one soon. The milk carton version is good but is a thinner plastic and one you get any debris stuck in it it creases easily and it’s harder to get its shape back.
    Bender fender ftw!

flyingmm

Absolutely Northwind!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mudguard Advice’ is closed to new replies.