Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mud-X tyres on DT4.2/Bonty rims anyone?
  • bowglie

Just found some Mud-X tyres that I'd forgotten about in the shed. Thinking of bunging them on my DT4.2 rimmed wheels, but seem to remember that some Bonty tyres are an absolute b****r to get on & off some rims. I've also got some Bonty 'race disc' wheels that I could try 'em on.

Before I get the tyre levers out – does anyone have experience of trying to fit Mud-X's to 4.2 or Bonty rims? (s'pose common sense says they should go onto the Bonty rims with ease…hmm..er..?!)

Ta

LMT
    Free Member

Bonty tyres and bonty rims, tight as hell! i had some trouble getting them on, even worse bonty tyres on shimano rims!! just hope i never have to fight them off in the woods on a nasty day!

deluded
    Free Member

I have an EX1750 wheelset, which are EX5.1 rims and therefore wider than 4.2's and run a Bonty Mud X 2.0 on the rear without any problems. Had a puncture on it on a muddy night ride the other evening and it came on and off without drama.

awh
    Free Member

To be tubeless ready, Bonty tyres/rims are designed to be a very tight fit. Follow their installation instructions and you'll be fine 😀

Adders69
    Free Member

I run Bonty Race Lite Disc thing wheels with Mud-X tyres, which works fine …. if you take the tubeless rim-strip out first 🙁

skinnysteel
    Free Member

4.2's are fine, but getting them on WTB Speedmaster rims can be a pain.

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

No probs here

J

jonnymojo
    Free Member

Done em on both of these rims and no probs. Bit tight but seal up well tubeless

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mud-X tyres on DT4.2/Bonty rims anyone?’ is closed to new replies.