Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Mud tyres – whats good (ALSO dry tyres – whats good)
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

preparing for 24/12 and want to get some mud tyres just in case (if i have me it will be dry)
    must be tubeless ready, ust, 2bliss, or LUST

Cheaper the better

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Big fan of Bonty Revolt Super X 2.0 TR

Light, fast with brilliant grip, even on muddy and rooty stuff (unless it properly muddy…).

Hard-wearing too – they’ve been on my hardtail for over a year and covered many hundreds of miles but still going strong (only 2 punctures in that time)

julianwilson
    Free Member

I ride at newnham a lot on account of living nearby.

Bonty mud x is my favourite for newnham mud. I tried trailrakers before and they just fill up with mud at newnham, so you get both heavy and slidey bike. Mud x’s are ‘tubeless ready’ ie with rim strips and sealant.

In fact they are ok in the dry at newnham, two of my team did the 24/12 dust-athon on them last year and i used them at cheddar in the dust too: quite good all round really. If newnham is dry and dusty as last year, 2.1 small block 8 on the back and a ralph (i presume you have some?) on the front would be reeeeeeet.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

just what i wanted to hear julian 🙂

was looking at specialized “the captains” for dry weather, and using exkars as thats what is normally on. Last year i used maxxis ignitors which were pretty good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Mud tyres – whats good (ALSO dry tyres – whats good)’ is closed to new replies.