Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Mud Tyres please!
  • FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Been riding all last year on Hutchinson Barracuta’s 2.35, need a good mud option in the same width.
    Any recommendations?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Swampthings?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

swampthings

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    daveevs
    Free Member

Swampthings

Fagus
    Free Member

Got a pair of Trailrakers in the garage looking for a good home. Not been used much – I don’t ride mud if I can avoid it. Can dig them out tomorrow if you’re interested.

bomberman
    Free Member

maxxis swap thingermyjigs. stick like glue.

auricgoldfinger

Yep Swampthings. Hope you don’t want to get anywhere fast though. Actually, I find a better compromise is the Bonty Mud X. Mind you, the mud I ride is mostly peaty, loamy stuff not really sticky clay or anything.

roughneck
    Free Member

Mud X at the back just wish they made them a wee bit wider. At the front still have no idea.

MrNutt
    Free Member

my boring tyre recommendation answer: High Rollers, they even cope with the dreaded wiltshire clag remarkably well!

DaveE

Mud X all the way bit narrow but grip outstanding.

Vortexracing

42A swampthing in 2.35 size.

Nuff said

Gephaudio
    Free Member

Panracers, have used them on sand and mud with very good grip

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

FAGUS – what size are your Trailrakers. I could be interested – please let me know. Looking for 2.1″ if poss!!

thefallguy
    Free Member

Mud x 2.0 or trailrakers 2.1 are outstanding in the filth, neither blow up very wide or tall though. Mud x seems a bit soft and I have had to replace a couple due to big cuts and sidewall tears (prob not issue if your not tubeless), trailraker is 80g heavier and feels stronger.

Not tried swampthings.

windyrich
    Free Member

Mud x on mine, been great up the north kent downs in the mud and snow we had a couple of weeks back 🙂

Bog
    Free Member

Mud Xs, run tubless on the back if you can to compensate for the narrow width. Stick well to almost anything, here in Calderdale they stick like sh$t on a blanket to the gritstone. Drag on road something shockin’

z1ppy

Mud X on the front and trialrakers on the back – both are very small for there marked sizes.
    Nowhere near 2.3, so if you need that you should be looking at the swampthings.

The biggest Mux X is a 2.0 which is wider than the TR marked as a 2.1!

Fagus
    Free Member

BigBoyXC – Member
    FAGUS – what size are your Trailrakers. I could be interested – please let me know. Looking for 2.1″ if poss!!

Hi, they are 2.1.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I ran Geax Barro Extreme Mud at SiTS and they worked brilliantly. I’ve run them most of the time since.

sago61
    Free Member

Ran Mud X 2.0s at Strathpuffer last weekend and they were faultless.

sq225917
    Free Member

swamp things and mud x are so close apart from sizes it aint worth worrying about, Mud sharks are good too.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, looks like its a big thumbs up for Swampthings – i’ll hunt around for the best deal online

GaryLake
    Free Member

Problem with trailrakers is they’re dreadful in anything but insane mud so if you have any intermediate bits on your trails you’ll hate having to use them…

mudpup
    Free Member

Kenda King of Traction 2.35
    Looks mad but crazy fast and grippy on the edges or in deep stuff

ewangronk

I just got a pair of Medusa’s only been out for one ride but well impressed. clear really fast, hooked up well in the thick stuff and were even fine for a short run on the road inbetween trails.

giantjason
    Free Member

2nd maxxis medusa’s. i use them on my ss and seem to grip well and shed mud pretty good.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

swampthing 2.1 , very grippy and quite a thick casing so no pinch flats so far.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Mud Tyres please!’ is closed to new replies.