Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Mud Sweat and Gears – Codham Park
  • flange
    Free Member

For anyone who raced the 1 hour or 40 minute Enduro today at Codham Park my missus took a lot of photos which can be found here: You can just right click and save or send me a message as she might have a larger size (free). She said to mention they aren't professional pictures, just a relief of boredom while waiting for me to get round the lap!

Photos

numplumz
    Free Member

that was a really good fun course, did the 2 hr so not in your photos, but there was an official photographer, so should see some more.

Can't believe there is a bmx track that good in effectively someones back yard. mental.

bigdawg
    Free Member

fun…. on what planet can that mud be described as fun…?!

the rest of the course though was awesome – but I did hear someone complaining about the bottom of the woods being 'wrecked' – the slidey muddy bit – so I dont know if we'll be aloud back.. I think he might have been something to do with the land owners…

tinsy
    Free Member

Bloody lovely course I thought, a good mix of everything, one of the few courses that I can make up for my lack of fitness with riding… My lad did the 20, my daughter & nephew the 40 and I did the hour, it was way to feirce for my kids first time, I need to get them a bit better prepped for the Langdon one.

Land owner was fine, he is a MX & Enduro rider and his kid did really well in the 20 min race, the little berms around the course were for his kid to use the track on his MX bike, the little damge the MTB's cause will be invisible within a few months…

edit, some great shots there, thanks for hosting them….

toomanybikes
    Free Member

don't be so bashful Tinsy, tell them all you won the old blokes race….

tinsy
    Free Member

Ha ha, well I won the old blokes who arent tough enough for the 2 hour race, my excuse is the 2 hour race is too late in the day and makes it a long day out for the nippers..

The results are up now and the official pics too.

http://mudsweatgears.blogspot.com/

bigdawg
    Free Member

it was good fun, but I notice the mud in the 1hr race was nothing like the swamp we had to get through…, by 90mins it was unrideable…

tinsy
    Free Member

Yup lots of riders in the 2 hour I guess it would have cut up quite a bit more.

tonto
    Free Member

I think the one hour course may have been different from the two.
    Didn't think the mud was too bad – it is an off road event remember.
    I,m sure I enjoyed it more than I would have at SITS.
    Any idea what the Langdon Hills course is like?

tinsy
    Free Member

Langdon will be great, nice rooty singletrack and lots of hills… 🙂

I have no idea what the course in Cambridgeshire is like on the 23rd August though.

It hold the weather really well at Langdon, bigdawg..

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I have about 240 odd photos from the 2 hour event that I'm sorting out. They should be up thisevening sometime. I'll let you know when they are available. Looked good fun, but the bog in the woods was getting pretty dire when I wandered down there, some of it was about a foot deep. Spoke to one of the organisers and he said that the drainage pond further up had been drained & blocked as some work was being down, which meant all the water running in the woods. Aparantly it's not always that bad!

Any, pulled shoulder meant I couldn't ride, but managed to get a load of pics 😀

Great to hear that most of the comments are positive. I went to Codham Park for a BMX race a few months ago and it has great potential to be a multi discipline cycling venue.

The Peters family have put a lot of effort and money into it, so hopefully it will be a huge success.

bigdawg
    Free Member

the only bad point (imo) was lack of signs getting to the event – a lot of people I spoke to were driving around looking for 'MTB event' signs – but other than that a really good venue…

Although if theres the slightest sign of mud next time I may be tempted to do the 1 hour race (which on my 2 hours times I would have come 3rd overall in :D)

tinsy
    Free Member

bigdawg if you learn not to whine about the conditions you might even win it!!! 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Right, pictures uploaded and can be found here http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheesyfeet/sets/72157621877728985/

A few highlights

and a cheeky one

About 230 pictures. Enjoy

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Bump: for those that are hoping to see photos of themselves gurning

bigdawg
    Free Member

working my way through them trying to see me… are the 2 hour ones at the back??

That 5th picture down though brings back horrid memories…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

All the pics I took were from the 2 hour

bigdawg
    Free Member

thanks for that Im on an incredibly slow computer so it takes about an hour to load a page…

Tinsey Ive been moaning about racing for nigh on 15 years – I coulda been a contenda ya know…

tinsy
    Free Member

Post one up of yourself bigdawg so I know who to say hi to..

Does anyone know anything about the Cambridge round?

edit, is the Maldon CC bloke Harry Enfeild?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

lol – 'Harry Enfield'!

I'll have to tell him that.

tinsy
    Free Member

I was going to ask how Maldon CC got gloves for webbed hands.. 😮

cheesy that first picture is a corker, the official photographer fella got a good one of a bloke losing it there too.

I wish you had taken some of the hour ride, as his £17.50 for a picture seems quite expensive.

bigdawg
    Free Member

found half a dozen of me (no 505 with blue sleeveless jersey) but everytime I try to open up a main picture my computer 'says no' and just stops….

Should be at langdon hills (g/friend giving birth on time allowing…) and usually wearing a brooklyn cycles jersey

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If you want hi-rez non watermarked copies, let me know (pm me) which ones you want and I'll sort something out – probably a few e-mails, 'cos they are quite big

bigdawg
    Free Member

finally worked my way through the pics – some good ones in there…

Just checked my hrm/speedo from sunday – av spd 8mph, max 22 – calories burnt (and this is usually pretty acurate) 2500!!! no wonder I havent stopped eating….

And is anyone else still finding mud in odd places…??!

tinsy
    Free Member

My dad was at the race watching my nippers, nephew and myself, and went out on a TRAINING ride last night as he is contemplating entering Langdon, he is just over 80 never raced a push bike in his life (but does have a decnt ish bike I bought him), is there a Grand Grand Vet class or anything? I really hope he does the next one, he raced MX in the 50's so rekon he can get around OK, its only 60 years ago.

bigdawg, 8mph… jesus it felt faster than that, and your lap times were similar to mine.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Mud Sweat and Gears – Codham Park’ is closed to new replies.