Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Mud Guards for CX bike training an commuting
  • dobo
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend some mud guards that i can use on my CX bike for training and commuting (NOT RACING)

primarily easy to remove as will be doing this weekly for CX races, light and cheap also a bonus

links welcome

thomthumb
    Free Member

zefal swan and croozer II aren’t bad if you’re after crud catcher style.

dobo
    Free Member

thanks they look like they will do the job, also considering the sks race blade XL’s anyone tried these ones? or both? or have other options?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

These look good but i can’t find too many reviews…
    http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/.Bontrager-Interchange-Nebula-Fenders_126659.htm
    Can you try them and let me know 🙂

doh
    Free Member

decathlon do a set for £7-8, got a some last year and they did the job very well. going back on soon by the looks of it 🙁

FuzzyWuzzy

+1 for a Zefal Swan, only takes seconds to fit/remove and are pretty stable in use.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Whopping great SKS ones. The widest your frame will take. Much less chance of mud clogging them up off road. Narrow ones give less protection, espcially if knobbly tyres throw muck sideways. Mine come on and off as the mood takes me. 3 bolts at the front, all kept in place ready with a scrap of tape. 4 at the back but still no hassle. Once set up its less than 10 minutes to fit both. Even less to remove them. That inlcudes greasing each thread etc.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Any options for the Zefal Swan / Crud Guard type but with a clamp which means it can be fitted without removing the seatpost?

I’m considering a rear guard too for occasional duties, but will want it off regularly for racing etc. I’ll soon tire of continually altering the seatpost height I reckon.

clubber
    Free Member

Crud guards can be removed without removing the seatpost.

thomthumb
    Free Member

swan doesn’t need the seatpost removing.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Thanks for those replies. Is that because the clamp stays on the seat post permanently, and the guard attaches to the clamp, or is the clamp itself hinged?

Sorry for the inane questions – it isn’t clear from photos and my last crud could only be fitted by removing the post.

clubber
    Free Member

For the crud buard, the clamp is split so once you undo the bolt, you can just remove the whole thing, unlike the previous versions.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Great, thanks for that

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Mud Guards for CX bike training an commuting’ is closed to new replies.