Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mud guards for a road bike without mounts on frame or fork
  • letmetalktomark

What are my options?

Looking for a cleanish, if possible, look although ultimately coverage is more important.

Pics are welcome!

munrobiker
    Free Member

SKS Race Blades are good, short but they attach securely. I’ve run them happily in the past.

Crud Roadracer 2s are another option, we fitted them to my wife’s bike and they’re awful. Flimsy and not especially secure. I’d struggle to recommend them.

wwaswas

P clips work and are robust but aren’t the neatest solution.

first thing to do is work out if you have clearance for full length ‘proper’ guards.

IHN

Crud Roadracer 2s are another option, we fitted them to my wife’s bike and they’re awful. Flimsy and not especially secure. I’d struggle to recommend them.

In typical STW mode, we fitted them to my wife’s bike and they’re fine, and I would recommend them.

stewart4444
    Free Member

my crosser had no mounts.
    P clips from ribble = SKS full guards front and back.

Duc
    Free Member

Portland design works ones – straight onto the QRs

orangeboy
    Free Member

My allez has some stronglight alloy guards with a little tab begind each QR for the stays to bolt to. The bottom of the rear guard is bolted to the front mech band that is drilled and tapped for a bottle cage bolt.

Only issue is the rear guard only has one stay each side and does rattle a bit so going to add a second stay for this winter

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I just bought some crud road racer mk3’s. They are totally different to the mark 2’s and much sturdier. They’ll fit any bike with seat stays and forks, whether calliper or disc mounts.

40mpg

SKS Race blade Longs. The little bit in front of the front brake waggles a bit, but otherwise do the job very well. Good length and flaps! Gotta have flaps!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/DvtzE7]2016-01-26_05-34-20[/url] by Allan, on Flickr

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mud guards for a road bike without mounts on frame or fork’ is closed to new replies.