Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mucky Nutz Fender Bender
  • rugbydick

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago on the best bit of kit for your bike (or something along those lines).

Can’t find that but, I fitted a Mucky Nutz Fender Bender to my bike for the ride last night.
    It was pretty muddy out after yesterday’s continuous drizzle but, after a pretty awesome ride, I didn’t even have a speck of dirt on my face.
    Brilliant.

I’d previously been using the RRP Neoguard, but still always got covered in mud.

Anyway, if anyone’s thinking about mudguards, give the Fender Bender a serious look.

spacemonkey

Put mine on about 6 weeks ago but due to work/family/illness I’ve not even managed to test it once 🙁

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I was underwhelmed by mine to be honest. Must dig it out again

Jeffus
    Free Member

Mine kept my stantions clean and only a couple of bits of mud in my face 😀 must put it on my new bike forgot about it.

Milkie
    Free Member

I creased mine and had to bin it. I now notice how dirty my forks are and that it actually worked rather well.

avdave2

I like them and the best bit for me is that it also helps protect the fork seals whereas the neoguard seems to just direct the crap towards them.

br
    Free Member

Put one on in the spring, and its still there – all my biking buddies have them now too 🙂

Good product.

nsaints
    Free Member

I was underwhelmed by mine to be honest

Me too, but now that I realise it’s a product similar to a neoguard in that it stops mud flicking in your face rather than a replacment for a downtube crud catcher it makes more sense to me

Better than a neoguard though as it protects the mud around the fork seals & lower headset bearings

hilldodger
    Free Member

More concerned about protecting my fork seals than my face and they certainly do that very well……..

tops5
    Free Member

Mine works pretty well on the rear of my Covert

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’m on my second and think it’s a great product. heycan get damaged if you get something stuck between it and the tyre but at 7 quid does it really matter.

jonnyrockymountain

Everyone just go out and buy one best bit of kit I have bought in ages
    A lot lot better than neogaurd an crud.

mrbump
    Free Member

do they not trap annoying,fallen leaves more?

nealy
    Free Member

Nah. I’ve got an older RS Reba with very little clearance between the fork brace/tyre but the fender bender fits better than the neoguard and doesn’t get clogged up at all. Very good product.

mrbump
    Free Member

looks like i may have to invest.

GW
    Free Member

Yes, they most certainly do.
    depends on the type of mud though.

search my profile history for the last bun fight on the matter 😀

redfordrider
    Free Member

Great product. Partically when combined with a crudcatcher on the down tube.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mucky Nutz Fender Bender’ is closed to new replies.