Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Muc off 8
  • Jezkidd
    Free Member

Anyone doing it this weekend? I'll be struggling on a black kinesis: one half of the team with no name.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Nobody?

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

I'll be there, as a pair! Should be quite easy to spot! 😉

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Why?

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member
    sofatester
    Free Member

I'll be struggling round on my own.

Yes, i have no freinds 😥

spooky_b329

There is a load of us from Sussex Muddyarse going, difficult to keep count but I think there is at least 15 of us attending, most of us camping overnight.

From the pre-event email, it looks like parking and camping may be a bit regimented which will be a shame as it may prevent people parking and camping with their mates. There is a caravan and a campervan within our group, bit ominous that the email only refers to tents in the roped area…will be a real shame if they don't let everyone do as they please like D2D and Twentyfour12.

nicks
    Free Member

im in . solo . should be good!

hopefully it stays dry !

showerman
    Free Member

yep first ever race so have decided to fly solo

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I'll probably ride out to shout at nicks and the mule bar lot

nicks
    Free Member

leggyblonde – think i will need a shout/push !!! you dont fancy camping then ??

muddy@rseguy

I'll be there as part of a foolhardy pair with the Sussexmuddy@rse group Pre-event training has been, ahem, limited.

spooky_b329

Just had an update from a friend…its tents only in the camping field, and you have to park separately in the car parking areas so you can't park by your tents. Campervans are OK in the car park, again seperate from tents. Still looking forwards to it but its a pain that you may have to leave bikes and valuables in the cars whilst in the camping field overnight.

jimr80
    Free Member

i,ll be there as a part of a pair. signing in on sunday as the event email put me off the camping.

coopersport1
    Free Member

8hrs solo here, started training today! 😆 Just watched the Steve Peat 'downhill' bit, and it doesn't look much, even for a scaredy cat hairy arsed xc rider like me. I stand to be corrected though! Camper van in carpark sound a bit pants, may not camp now 🙄

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I'll be there with work. But I'll just be racing in a pretty relaxed team. Looking forward to it!

Napalm
    Free Member

I'm soloing too – please say 'hi' Muddy Arsers – I'm leading your ride from Telscombe at the end of the month.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

they're not selling the camping option on here 😕

coopersport1
    Free Member

Never ridden the area before- anyone know what the ground is likely to be like? Hopefully it will stay dry for the next few days as well.

Either way I think I'll take the SS with tractor tyres fitted just in case!

Giant_Hedge_Stack
    Free Member

All be there riding in a pair and a few other fiends riding too so should be good fun; for the first lap anyway.

Anyone know about registration on Sunday? Websiet only gives registation times for the Saturdsy but we won't be there till Sunday?

njee20
    Free Member

It's crap in the wet, not quite Eastnor/Catton crap, but not fun, v slippery and a bit claggy.

There are big hills there too, there was substantially more climbing at the first Southern XC there last year than at Dalby, it was about 800ft in a 5 mile lap. Some great descents though, including a really long bermed one, which was great fun.

Shame there's so much going on this weekend: HONC, HOTN, Southern XC and Muc-Off 8, can't see there being a huge turn out sadly.

nicks
    Free Member

im heading down saturday , it all sounds pretty strict ! i read some where if you want to sign in on sunday you have to have permission by the event management. Both Male and Female Mule bar teams riding … come say Hi!

nicks

coopersport1
    Free Member

There's a small part of me that hopes this new event turns out alright and it will be nice to learn the venue for the nationals in Sept, but another part of me says go to Southern XC it's closer and I know they'll put on a good event!

spooky_b329

As Nick says, registration on Sunday is only by prior appointment and if I remember rightly, is only a 2hr slot.

Whoever booked your team in should have received an email a few days ago with a link to a PDF with lots of details…and instructions to forward to their team members.

njee20
    Free Member

nice to learn the venue for the nationals in Sept,

Nationals are in July. There's a Southern XC there sometime, may be before the Nationals, can't remember! It's a big place though, don't necessarily expect much of the course to be the same.

coopersport1
    Free Member

I'm talking the National Marathon Champs 12th Sept!

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

Wel, I'm really looking forward, should be a fun weekend!

ventanarider
    Free Member

For some unexplainable reason I'm doing it solo!

spooky_b329

Just heard from one of our other riders, he asked about caravans and they just said to be aware the ground may be soft?! So possibly OK…

Also, carpark appears to be quite close to the camping.

Bazz

Going in solo but my racing will be limited, i intend to have a leisurly pootle around.

spooky_b329

A little bit cheeky but quite relevant…I have a big 4 berth tent for sale, details here:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Sussex_Muddyarse/index.php?showtopic=1933

If anyone is seriously interested I will bring it to mucoff8, so let me know on this thread or by PM'ing me before 12.00 today!

As in the ad, price is £150, I'll happily put it up for viewing this afternoon, but once you've slept in it there are no refunds as I don't want to be providing free tent hire for the weekend and I don't have a garden anymore so can't clean and pack it away properly once I get home!

Betamax
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me where the results/lap times are posted please?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Muc off 8’ is closed to new replies.