Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MTFU or a sensible approach?
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Over christmas I found myself riding alone a few times as everyone was "busy".

Although I was tanking along as usual I found myself not taking many risks and even did a few chicken runs instead of going for it on trails I've ridden loads, delierance on Leith hill is a good example.

How do I get over this block or is it just wise to take it easy when alone?

dave360

s'normal

njee20
    Free Member

Deliverance is pants anyway, the 'chicken run' continuing over the top is more enjoyable IMO!

Tis only sensible though really, ramifications of a big off on your own are rather more serious after all!

atlaz
    Free Member

I'd agree with you. Riding alone, particularly in places/times when you don't know how long you might be left not found, you should always ride a bit more in your limits imo.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I know what you mean but I've done these runs a hundred times, maybe more, I think it's a mental block I need to get over.

Yesterday was bloody icy though so I suppose not getting vertical can be forgiven!

njee20
    Free Member

The thing is if you're tense, you're more likely to crash and hurt yourself, what's the point in doing stuff just for the sake of it?

jedi

confidence and commitment are skills as much as body positioning etc…

joolsburger
    Free Member

I agree with that wholehartedly which is why I'm wondering how to overcome this block.

I quite simply bottled it on more than one occassion which led to a couple of comedy offs I think hesitating is likely to end in tears more than just going for it.

Any ideas Jedi as I know you're a man with a gift for instruction.

jedi

isolating a single obstacle and focusing on it will lead to tensing up and body poisitioning will change due to this and the affect steam rolls

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

My suggestion is that you should ride with a different purpose when solo.

Turn a bigger gear (unless SS!). Attack the hills. Stop less to 'rest' or stop more to enjoy the view. Work on fitness. Try to do slightly easier stuff in better style…

…cheers. Paul

joolsburger
    Free Member

Good idea I'll have a go at that.

J

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MTFU or a sensible approach?’ is closed to new replies.