Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • M.T.F.U.-Not always a good idea.
  • bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Went over on my ankle two and a half weeks ago at martial arts.I could put some weight on it so i thought it was just badly sprained.Did the usual rest,ice,compression and elivation.Been at work for the last two weeks hobbling around with the ankle not getting any better.The other half made me go to the docs on monday who sent me to the hospital for an x-ray.It was broken 😯 .So I have now got six weeks in plaster with no work (Thankfully on full pay),no martial arts,no gym and worst of all no biking :(.

steve_b77
    Free Member

MTFU and get one with it he hee

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Don’t worry,the wifes got lots of jobs for me to do “While I’m sat at home doing nothing” 🙄

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Doc speaking

That’s not necessarily bad news. Providing you have only broken one side, you may actually do better and recover closer to 100% than if you had a bad sprain. I know which I’d choose.

bassspine
    Free Member

wouldn’t they put an SPD cleat on the bottom of the cast?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

bjj.andy.w – Member
    Don’t worry,the wifes got lots of jobs for me to do “While I’m sat at home doing nothing”

I’ve been off sick for 10 months, and am returning to work next week, it has only been the last 3 weeks where any of wifeys little jobs got done lol!!! But then I’ve had a bit more going on than a broken ankle.

SkillWill
    Free Member

I had exactly the same thing. Mine got worse and worse and eventually I got cellulitis in my ankle. Went back at that point and they told me it was broken.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘M.T.F.U.-Not always a good idea.’ is closed to new replies.