• This topic has 20 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Xan.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • MTBing in Stoke on Trent
  • Xan
    Free Member

Looks like I'm going to be spending a few days in stoke with the other half visitiing her family and fancy getting a bit of riding in. Looks like she is wanting to come out also so looking for a good trail centre that we can visit that has a blue run and another that I can do myself while she's out shopping with her aunt. Looking for a good Red/Black trail thats about 20-30km long??

I dont mind travelling for about 30-40 minutes by car but preferable not alot more.

Graham_Clark

Cannock Chase or Llandegla… both good in their own ways and both have good cafe's 😀

speaker2animals

As said the Chase or Llandegla. LLandegla is about 90 minutes drive and the Chase is 40 to 50 mins depending where in S-o-T you will be staying. That is to get to the trail centre for Follow the Dog/Monkey Trail.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

As above,both are nice and easy for anybody to enjoy. The local trails are better than both.

Hadge
    Free Member

Second what Mr Riley says, there's some good local trails plus she can shopping "up Hanley duck".

Xan
    Free Member

The local trails are better than both.

Thanks. Any chance of some O/s co-ordinates to find thestart of these trails please guys??

indiajazz
    Free Member

up the potters!!!

chainslapp
    Free Member

"Cos kick a bow against a wow and bost it?

timmys

Young Dave riley – Member
    The local trails are better than both.

Of course being a gentleman you're going to be pointing out where those might be?

yatesy

if your about on a Tuesday evening try a ride with the goldtec club ride check out stokemtb web site for more info

iain1775
    Free Member

peaks (The Peak) not far from stoke – 1 hour ish
    you won't get better than there!
    Lee and Cragg quarry and Gisburn only just over an hour
    as others said Cannock is 30 mins, Llandegla prob just over hour
    or for some fun jumpy stuff or a quick skills day there is always Hales Superbowl in Cheshire – http://www.mtbpursuits.co.uk/

Crell
    Free Member

Hanchrch woods / trentham gardens if you want to do some local riding. There's (or at least there was) a footbridge you can use to link them over the M6.

jimmy

Hanchurch Woods… Happy days

scruff
    Free Member

hanchurch- ferny days at the moment I suspect.

chutney13
    Free Member

"Cos kick a bow against a wow and bost it?"

My nan used to say this, and although i understood what she meant, i never understood why she was saying it.

chris_jh

+1 for hanchurch woods went there yesterday to ride the XC course was very ferny and wet with flooded brake bumps – great singletrack though.

BigJohn

Chase Trails. Plenty to do.

Welcome to Chase Trails

Xan
    Free Member

thanks all. I think I'm gonna give Lee Quary a go on the run on my own as I've really fancied that for the last few years. Will it be OK on the HT or will I need the full bouncer??

Have any of these trails got a blue. Googled a few of them but failed to find any easy blue runs?

BigJohn

Plenty of waymarked family trails on Cannock Chase.

iain1775
    Free Member

done Lee on my 100mm travel hardtail, no problems, definately more fun with added bounce though
    Would recommend though if its a windy blustery day maybe consider somewhere else, it gets quite exposed up there and a long way to go just to get battered by the wind

Cannock green trail is very family trail, and passes some nice parts of the chase, plenty of cheeky tracks leaving off it too if you went for an explore and caught your missus back up
    Having said that follow the dog trail at cannock is a very easy red, prob in line with blues at places like Glentress, she should manage that no problems. Monkey Trail is much more technical

Xan
    Free Member

thanks Iain thats teally helpfull. The dog trail it is then. I think I'll get teh full sus built back up for that weekend then

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘MTBing in Stoke on Trent’ is closed to new replies.