Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • MTB'ing in Lanzarote
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

i know i should probably email a few places online but i’m in the following situation:

we’re going to Lanzarote for a week’s family holiday in early Novermber and i’ve been told i’m allowed a day’s biking. so i wondered if anyone knew, or could recommend, somewhere that would do a day’s guided touring. something a bit like the peaks would be ideal! i won’t be taking my own bike, so would need to hire one whilst there too…

so, any recommendations?

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Anyone?

LMT
    Free Member

Too rough and finding a guide was difficult, I gave up and did a road ride.

JCL
    Free Member

Yep the road riding is better.

imnotverygood

Yes I wasn’t going to say anything because I’ve been to Lanza half a dozen times and never really contemplated riding off road: the terrain is way too volcanic/sandy for any decent riding as far as I can see, but I could be wrong…

robgclarkson
    Free Member

hmmm… i shall not be beaten!!! ha!

thanks anyway guys

Candodavid
    Free Member
    robgclarkson
    Free Member

i’ve actually got that site bookmarked David… have you any experience of them?

i’m probably going to fire a few emails off today…

weeksy

IT’s a nice day out without being terribly technical. Think Fireroads rather than trailcentres. But the Fireroads are volcanic stones/rocks… move about a lot, but have epic grip.

Candodavid
    Free Member

No experience of them, have looked into riding there as a friend lives near La Manga, these were the company he suggested

robgclarkson
    Free Member

ah, good to know, thanks again

weeksy

MY guide was a German fella, spoke great English… but for the life of me I can’t recall the name of the company.

edit…

http://www.papagayobike.com/en/

This was them. Markus I think was the guides name.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

nice one weeksy… again, they happen to be bookmarked and will be emailed today…

weeksy

Beware… they run their brake continental style… and don’t be tempted to watch a vid clip where blokey lowers his seat post using the QR, the do it on a road in the villages… you will go over the bars and hurt yourself LOL.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i that the voice of experience talking 🙄 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘MTB'ing in Lanzarote’ is closed to new replies.