Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • MTBikers – anyone shopped from them?
  • vrapan
    Free Member

Been looking for a decent fairly inexpensive way to upgrade my Recons and I haven't found any lightweight 120mm Rebas for reasonable amounts in the UK so googling took me to them. They have the Race SL 2010 in black at 120mm for 300 euros with free shipping to the UK.

Unless anyone knows of a UK company that sells that fork at the same travel for a similar amount, has anyone shopped from them? Are they reliable?

Thanks

warpcow
    Free Member

All non-OEM, 100mm rebas can be easily converted to 120mm. I got some from Merlin while back for about £215. Otherwise, afaik mtbikers.com is a pretty respectable website, like a French (Belgian?) CRC.

vrapan
    Free Member

I thought though that Merlin is selling only the OEM versions of the forks?

warpcow
    Free Member

Not mine, and I know a few others who bought them too. That said, there's a lot of stuff written about how they sell OEM stuff. Usually they seem to be clearly marked as OEM on the website but it's probably best to mail them first. Their prices change all the time too, last time I was on their they cost about the same as mtbikers (with the added hassle of popping out the air-spring to change to 120mm).

vrapan
    Free Member

Hm in that case I will probably get it from MTBikers as I prefer the black with white decals to the one with the red decals and I'd be avoiding the transformation. Seems like either way the difference is all of 20£-£30, thanks Warpcow !

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Yep, i have bought brakes, a few cockpit bits, and an entire xtr groupset from them, back when the exchange rate was a little better.
    Service and delivery is excellent.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘MTBikers – anyone shopped from them?’ is closed to new replies.