Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • MTB wheel Advice
  • Divid
    Free Member

After some advice on some upgrade wheels.

Not looking for top end, bling but something lighter than what I have, guess mid to top end range.

Any reccomendations?

Cheers

Dave

valleydaddy
    Free Member

guess a good start is to tell us what you have now???

Mavic crossmax??

abductee
    Free Member

and how much is your budget?

Divid
    Free Member

Budget, I guess couple hundred quid second hand.

At mo, think un branded rims, Hope XC rear hub, just dont think they are very light.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

GEt a front hub to match and a couple of decent rims on them? Should be able to get a hope hub secondhand and to rims and builds in your budget I would have thought

james
    Free Member

What bike (+fork) are they to go on? what are the biggest and smallest tyres you want to run on them?

Divid
    Free Member

Giant Anthem, will be running reba forks and running standard 26" 2.2

vrapan
    Free Member

Got my Crest rims on ZTR hubs and Sapim spokes on today and they feel very good – on a Giant Anthem too. Tomorrow I will take them for a bit of a longer adventure but doubt you can go wrong.

chakaping
    Free Member

You can pick up Hope Hoops for around £250 a set. Hard to beat that for value and versatility.

Someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to tell you what rims will suit your Anthem best.

andrewh
    Free Member

Can you build wheels? Have a look on German ebay for Tune King/Kong hubs, maybe find some in budget and then move your rims across. Upgrade rims to cheapish but nice and light FRM rims when budget allows.

spooky_b329

Hope Hoops with Stans tubeless rims, add a bit of yellow tape and a couple of valves, some bonty tubeless ready tyres (cheaper (and lighter?) than UST) and a dash of sealant you're away 🙂

br
    Free Member

+1 Hope Hoops brand new at £250

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Mavic crossmax £200-300 second hand, weigh in at 1600-1800 grams a set.

Do you want a set?

njee20
    Free Member

Hope Hoops on ZTR 355 rims.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘MTB wheel Advice’ is closed to new replies.