Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • MTB VOTE – REPACK ROAD UNDER THREAT
  • RepacK
    Free Member

Guys very quick favour to ask – the horsey/hiker crowd are trying to throw riders off Mt Tam in Marin County..Please click on this link & vote in favour of yer US cousins getting a little bit more of the pie puhleasse..

Clicky

Its about a 1/4 of the way down on the RH side..

Any votes would be much appreciated – the horsey/hiker crowd HATE riders in Marin.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Done. Even tho its really none of my business but thats a part of MTB history. thats the start of DH racing right there.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

done

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RepacK
    Free Member

Nice one cheers guys – really appreciate it!

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Done. I had the pleasure of riding there last year. It’s a part of mtb history and should not be closed because horsey types can’t get along with hobby-horse types.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Done.

Needs more though!
    On Retrobike and Bikemagic, I assume?

jova54
    Free Member

Done

No Marin, no mountain biking!

charliedontsurf

sorted…. gotta fight for your rights. I have a similar problem with the british army and access to one of the finest surf spots in Britain.

Best of luck…
    Charlie

mamadirt
    Free Member

. . . and another one.

ton

done

RepacK
    Free Member

Im living out here about 1/2 the year & it is an amazing place to ride – its just such a shame that bikers are given such a hard time..The trails (that we are allowed on) are pretty darn good – lots of switch backs!

RepacK
    Free Member

Good shout Flash – Im off to BikeMagic now!

kinda666
    Free Member

Another vote for ya here

IanMunro
    Free Member

Done.

kaya
    Free Member

Done

RepacK
    Free Member

Charlie whats happening with the Army?

spence
    Free Member

Done. Was there in April this year and last and would like to go back again. Recommend Caesar’s Cyclery in San Anselmo, sorted me out some good bikes to rent.

brakes
    Free Member

I voted against the doobie tax

cynic-al
    Free Member

Last rode it in 2007 & I wanna ride it again!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1

looks lke you need all the help you can get.

Maybe daft a letter that can be sent to the local councilor/MP or whatever the equvalent, allong the lines of, “I’m a MTB’er and would consider coming to California to ride MTB trails, but not if this one closes”

Then post it here along with an address to sign and e-mail it to?

RepacK
    Free Member

Just wanted to say thanks to all who voted – last time I looked we had over 70% of the vote!

ps Here is a post from a forum on the Marin Independent Journal concerning the issue:

"Go to http://trailkillerz.blogspot.com to view a recent video of Bill's Trail. I see absolutely NO damage from horses. If you want to see what anti-environmental, speed freak, nature destroying mountain bikers really would do to Bill's taril, then I point you to Mike's Bikes for exciting downhill video shot at Annadel State Park. 15 mph speed limit? Eat Sh_t!

http://vimeo.com/1854218…

This group of users is a spoiled brat, selfish, nature hating group of trail destroyers. The state has neither the financial resources to fight the CEQA requirements in court nor the staff to monitor the inevitable destruction this band of idiots will bring to Bill's Trail. This is an IMBA thing through and through. Folks, this is the same corporate backed group that wants bike access in our remote National Parks. This is about selling ultra-expensive bikes and promoting an industry that views our open spaces and parks as a free for all amusement park! Screw them to their graves!"

I find it hard to believe that someone could hate bikes so much…

mudplugga
    Free Member

These are not the words of balanced individuals.

oldfart

Repack another one for ya ! Got some good memories of riding across the bridge up to Mt Tam.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Done

One comment though, about Repack's last post….
    It goes to show how lucky we are in the UK that we have the RIGHT to use the trails we have.

Good luck mate
    🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

It does suprise me in the 'land of the free' with so much available space that this is an area of such rife conflict.

lowey

tick

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Done

Coyote
    Free Member

Another one.

Poldarn
    Free Member

Done

Surfr
    Free Member

<AOL>Me too!</AOL>

yossarian
    Free Member

me too, some seriously twisted folk over the pond

younggeoff

Sorted

sofatester
    Free Member

Done 😀

Thinking of moving out there one day, will be rather pee'd off if there are no trails!

MrAgreeable

Ticked – but I can't help thinking that if there is serious organised pressure to restrict mountain bike access over there, then an opinion poll in a local rag's website is quite an ineffectual way of fighting it.

That person's blog is scary. I'd guess that the frequency of updates is dependent on the snugness of his or her straightjacket.

swavis

Done. I may want to ride there one day 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member
    It does suprise me in the 'land of the free' with so much available space that this is an area of such rife conflict.

It's pretty densely populated and wealthy in/near Marin, and folk with money & hence power tend to be traditional – walkers, horse riders etc.

Even in the Rockies there is conflict about trail use!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Done too

Currently 76% Yes 23% No

Heading off there in Sept, and want to ride Mt Tam again

RepacK
    Free Member

Ok guys sorry for the bump on this one but the horsey/hikey crew are at it again in Marin. We have to fight for every inch of singletrack out here so Id appreciate it massively if you would peddle along to the link below & vote 😉

clicky

Its only a bit of fun but from what Ive heard the "powers that be" do take notice of this kind of thing. If anyone has something similar going on that they need help with just let me know & Ill gladly return the favour.

ps I have no problems with either group – used to work in a stables (& it wasnt just to get close to the girls..), & hiking is fine too.

adey205
    Free Member

job done!

oldfart

Hey Charlie (tis charlie right ? ) looks like youv'e got a fight on yer hands buddy .They seem to want to restrict you to sanitized trails am i right ?Unbelievable when you think of the size of the area .I've rode some of the trails and am behind you all the way .
    We have a similar problem near us on a very very much smaller scale .People have been riding the woods for years .Now some of the trails have been gravelled and in case we haven't got the message more gates and fences have been put up !In fact the afternoon ride i do from my house i've now renamed 14 gates !Good luck with your campaign .If you want to keep me updated via e mail it's rolandjulie2001@yahoo.co.uk .
    Take it easy !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘MTB VOTE – REPACK ROAD UNDER THREAT’ is closed to new replies.