• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MTB Travel Insurance
  • HaydPD
    Free Member

A bunch of mates and I are heading to the Alps in the summer. We intend to try out some DH riding whilst there. Can anyone recommend a travel insurance provider who cover this activity?

Thanks

bruneep

Snowcard is default company for me. Having seen 3 of my riding chums sorted out over the years I know that should anything happen they’ll deal with it effectively.

I’m sure others will be along soon to say otherwise

Shred
    Free Member

I’ve used Cyclosure in the past, but it looks like they are gone now.
    So now I’m also interested. Do Snowcard cover your bike too?

coogan
    Free Member

Snowcard for me.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I used Dogtag last time, looked pretty comprehensive but I didn’t have to claim so can’t comment on if they are any good when actually needed.

100mphplus
    Free Member

I found Columbus direct + adventure pack to be the cheapest by some.

Try RT20 or Tube10 for discount codes too 😉

spicer
    Free Member

Good experiences with Snowcard when I lost my passport and had to get over to paris from the alps to get a replacement last year. From reading their policy wordings, they’re seemed much more comprehensive than most others

P-Jay
    Free Member

Dogtag for me, they’re not the cheapest but they are at least very clear on what activities they cover – you can get generic “cycling” or “mountain biking” on a lot of mainstream policies and I’ve used them when I’ve been going on a family holiday with a bit of the old VTT included. I’ve read through endless lines of T’s and C’s and exclusions seem to centre around racing or riding professionally neither applies to me – but i’d hate to have to argue the toss with a bill for a Helicopter rescue or broken back – I’ve seen others with both on riding holidays.

I’ve claimed once, I had to cancel a trip irronically because I crashed at home a week before, it was a bit faffy, I had to prove I was unfit to travel, not just unfit to ride – but I was still in hospital throughout the entire time I was meant to be away so pretty open and closed.

jimw
    Free Member

I used Snowcard as well as said above-seemed the most comprehensive and I had a good chat on the phone beforehand to make sure what I was planning was covered and that as an over 50 asthmatic with a shoulder plate they were happy. Which they were, at a price, but not silly money. Didn’t have to use them either time luckily so can’t comment on the claims process.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MTB Travel Insurance’ is closed to new replies.