Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • MTB Start-Up Clothing Survey
  • SimonR

Done! Good luck getting your project off the ground – look forward to seeing what you come up with.

From my perspective, all the following are important to me but if I had to put them in order:
    – Primarily whether it is going to do the anticipated job it needs to do
    (does it wick, is it waterproof, etc.)
    – Secondly fit – enough room but without flapping bits, correct length sleeves, enough adjustment e.g. waist band of baggy shorts, etc.
    – Style – whether I like it or not and whether I’m going to enjoy wearing it
    – Then whether it will last when considered against the price – covers materials and manufacture
    – Features – all the right stuff without superfluous features

For me tagging something as ‘premium’ rings alarm bells and generally translates as ‘over-priced’ – the cynic is me asks “what are you trying to hide?” 🙂

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

You’ve missed a few things off your survey that make it difficult for me to complete or risk you getting poor info.

Deciding factor on your purchase – price/branding/reviews/appearance. Where do performance, quality and fit appear there. I’ll not pay £50 for a ‘designer’ nylon mtb t-shirt but I’ll pay c£100 for a Rapha smartwool road top (they fit well, perform well, last a long time.)

Natural fibres – where appropriate. Merino makes a great base layer but poor outer when riding (though merino mixes can work well). I’ve don’t see the benefit of merino shorts but I’ve not tried them.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

For me tagging something as ‘premium’ rings alarm bells

Absolutely.

Quality? Great

Technical fabric? I’ll have some of that.

Premium? That’s paying over the odds; I’ll put that back.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Your survey really worried me, most of my kit is way cheaper than the lowest values you had on your survey.

Your survey was all about money, money, money and what it looks like, rather than function or quality to do the job.

Having said that the MTV market does appear to be about brand and look over function so perhaps you know your market better than me 🙂

Based on your survey though I would buy your product

woody74

Get your sizing right and accurate and then if your selling mail order you will have far less returns. Cycling clothing is ridiculous when it comes to variations even within brands. I don’t think I have ever just bought one size and it has fitted bob on. This is never really an issue with normal clothes.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Dam phone… MTV = MTB and I wouldn’t buy your product

nickc

Your survey was all about money, money, money and what it looks like, rather than function or quality to do the job.

Given the choice between two products that have exactly the same quality and technical features, I’d rather have the one that fitted properly and looked better. Why does that fill some guys with horror, as if somehow wanting clothes that actually fit or god forbid, don’t just come in a choice of Royal Blue or Signal Red is something that we shouldn’t be interested in?

Saccades
    Free Member

I’ve given up buying stuff online, more bothered about fit and stuff that is hard wearing.

I do have massive thighs (and ankles), so online shopping is a lottery that i have given up on.

edhornby

Just do shorts that have a strong seat for a budget price and you’ll be laughing

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘MTB Start-Up Clothing Survey’ is closed to new replies.