Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • MTB Shop in North Wales
  • wookie
    Free Member

We are on holiday in north wales and are hoping to do a uplift day at Antur Stiniog but havent got all of our body armour with us and hence looking for somewhere to pick up some elbow pads.

Can anyone recommend a shop within an hours drive of betws y coed that stocks good armour? Have been looking at the Troy Lee elbow pads before but tbh anything reasonable would be good.

Cheers
    Steve

dirtydog
    Free Member

Try here, just down the road from you.

http://1868racing.co.uk/

Probably best to give them a call first in order to check they have what you need.

wookie
    Free Member

Will give them a go tomorrow.

Thanks

highclimber
    Free Member

evolution in Bangor

iolo
    Free Member

Bangor is bloody miles from Antur.
    Try Beics Brenin in in Coed y Brenin if 1868 can”t help.
    The other option (but I’m not sure if possible) to rent some at Antur.

highclimber
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a shop within an hours drive of betws y coed

fits their criteria.

merynella
    Free Member

There’s a bike shop in Dolgellau. Can’t remember what it’s called.

wookie
    Free Member

Well be heading to Conwy and Caernafon so Bangor is np at all. Evolution defn looks like a good bet they have something.

saxabar
    Free Member

If you’re doing Caernarfon, Llanberis (nearby) has The Framed Bicycle Company – although call to check they have stock.

ste_t
    Free Member

As much as it pains me, as a last resort try West End cycles in Llandudno Junction. If you’re visiting Conwy anyway its just down the road

iolo
    Free Member

West end was like Dave Hinde of North Wales. I’m not sure if it’s any better now.

wookie
    Free Member

Evolution sorted us out well with Troy Lee Shock elbow pads, they were even on sale 😀

Also picked up a pair of AM45 shoes for £35 as a bonus!

Cheers guys

ste_t
    Free Member

West end are still awful.

The lads at Evolution are fantastic, got my last full build from them when I worked a few doors down and they never seemed to mind when I had a skive from work just to look at/talk about bikes

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘MTB Shop in North Wales’ is closed to new replies.