Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB & Running Enduros?
  • squeekybrakes
    Free Member

Aklong with going out on the MTB I’ve been getting into running lately and wondered if there are any MTB/Running Enduro events that go on in the UK. Any thoughts?

aracer
    Free Member
    julioflo
    Free Member

The ‘Stinger’ at Newnham Park this Sunday.
    5km trail run, 20km XC MTB, 3km stinger [means mud, steeepness and bogs] run

It was sold out, but I think there have been a few people drop out. check it out on xcracer.com

topangarider
    Free Member

Pro-velo Support (Pat Adams) organises a couple at Catton Park nr Burton. Basically a running version if sleapless in the saddle I reckon.

Did an open adventure (5hr) event the other year. Pretty good, but did seem expensive for what it was. Maybe just me.

Look on the runners world event calendar – searchable by ditance I think.

MussEd
    Free Member

There are duathlons on at GT throughout the year…dunno if that meets your “enduro” style requirements, but you run for a bit then bike for a bit around trails not normally used for biking.

MSP

These look quite interesting.

http://www.endurancelife.com/events-list.asp

29erKeith
    Free Member

Yeah there’s loads about.
    Open adventure are some of the best IMO especially the 12 and 24 especially. I’d really like to do their C2C and Terrex maybe next year (new house and baby on the way makes ’em unlikely options this year)
    maybe make a few of the southern 5’s though

-Endurance life are good, C2C(Extreme) had a few organisation issues last year though, the few others of theirs that I’ve done have been spot on though.
    -Questars
    -VoTwo

and the detail events group:
    Ace races (formats not what they were though when Phil was in charge)
    Rat races

dynamic adventure closed unfortunately

loads about really
    Sleepmonsters.co.uk is a good place to look for stuff
    or there are a fair few Duathlons/Dirty Duathlons apearing

The Tri based companies seem priciest the AR and LDWA/Ultra type one’s often seem better VFM imo

adi66
    Free Member

I’m doing the Mud Run at Eastnor Castle this weekend….10k “run2 around the landriover prooving ground trails, 20k MTB around the Eastnor estate, and then a lil 3k “run2 up and around a river to finish! Ouch.

Shuld be fun. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MTB & Running Enduros?’ is closed to new replies.