Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mtb / Roadie helmet like a Bell Sweep? Any good deals out there?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

The head cradle on my Bell Sweep keeps popping out of the the shell, so I’m looking for a replacement.

Paid about £50 for this one in the sale, but now it seems they’re a lot more.

Are there any good deals (circa £50) on helmets that have a removable peak and look ok both on and off-road??

Needs to be a large / xlarge size as my head is just over 60cm.

porlus
    Free Member

I had a bell r sweep (fnarr). Well think it was called that. Was comfy anyhow. Replaced it with a specialized echelon. Fitted well. Now got specialized propero 2. Again fits great. Maybe look at a specialized if the bell is a good fit.

ade
    Free Member

I swore by my Giro Athlon when I used one lid for road and off-road. They’re going for £50-60.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

All the large Atlons look like they’re close to full price at £90+. Only the smalls are around £50 🙁

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Ideally needs to have a peak for mtb and remove peak for road. Specialized might be out on that basis.

porlus
    Free Member

Yeah just looked. They do a tactic that’s in budget. Mtb only though. I had a Scott helmet with removable peak until recently. Hated the fit though so sold it.

dickie
    Free Member

I started with a Sweep & went to a Volt – even better comfort & fit.
    If your willing to spent a little more for a better helmet Ribble have a Large in Silver/Green Rocker for £70. (removable peak)

njee20
    Free Member

Specialized S3?

porlus
    Free Member

Specialized S3. Looks great. But OP has budget of £50. Not £100 😀

smurfly13
    Free Member

Specialized align?? Only £30 with removeable pic in multi colours

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Just bought a Specialized Echlon yesterday – very happy with fit, comfort & weight.

Bang on budget too – doubt you’ll find better for £50, unless you get one on sale.

CRC code: HEL20 for an extra 20% off might get you something nice……

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mtb / Roadie helmet like a Bell Sweep? Any good deals out there?’ is closed to new replies.