Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MTB Road tyres
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

My neighbour has just asked for recommendations for some slicks for her bike – to do a triathlon.

I've not bought slicks for a long while – anyone able to recommend some they have been happy with which don't cost the earth??

poppa
    Free Member

When I ran my MTB on road I liked Continental Sport Contact in 1.3" – you can pump them up hard and they give a big speed boost.

http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle/ti%20sport%20contact.shtml

Surfr
    Free Member

I'm running the Conti Grand Prix on my commuter. 26×1.2

http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle/ti%20grand%20prix.shtml

They're VERY fast. Probably the fastest rolling 26" tyre I've seen, and grippy in the Black Chili too.

Goz
    Free Member

Hi Barney, road warriors every time…as used by me!….good+ fast!

traildog
    Free Member

Since it's a race, it's got to be the Conti Grand Prix's mentioned above. I used to use them before I had a road bike and they are the fastest slicks I've used on my mountain bike.

poppa
    Free Member

Actually, yeah, GP's are only £2 more sound a lot more 'racey'. Probably slightly more likely to puncture though.

bawbag
    Free Member

I was using Maxxis Xenith's for a while. Very fast and surprisingly grippy even in the wet.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

You could try Panracer Ribmos. Stupid name, not cheap and pig to fit but very fast and grippy despite their non-racy design. Extremely hard wearing too as I've taken them off road a few times and have had no problems at all (apart from a total lack of traction). I'm running a set of 2.6 X 1.75 on one of my bikes and they have been pretty much a fit and forget item.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers for the recommendo's will pass them onto my friend.

zaskar
    Free Member

If she has wide rims stick with 1.3"

If the are like 717s then try a 1" tyre.

dobo
    Free Member

i really like my vittoria rubinos, fairly light and fairly durable

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MTB Road tyres’ is closed to new replies.