Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • mtb ride from London this weekend?
  • HansRey

looking to join a mtb ride this weekend. Can I join a ride?

I’ve recently moved to Brixton and looking to get out on the bike. I’ve not got a car, so I’m relying on trains or riding out…

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Not sure if you can get to Dorking station easily from Brixton?

Dorking MTB ride Sunday 14th

HansRey

that could work. Am I right in thinking that I’d take the A24 from Dorking train station?

How long are you riding for, and is it a fast ride? I’ve been off the mtb for 4 months…

HansRey

edit

Looking at nationalrail and there are engineering works and replacement buses. Getting to Dorking is looking difficult.

There is one option to take the train to Redhill, then change and get onto the Dorking Deepdene train. Happy to do that outbound, but getting back to London looks a faff. Any ideas?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Yes, straight up the A24 from the station and Denbies is on the left.
    I can’t really help with the ride as I’m not going to be there, it’s just some mates from the club I ride with who are going.
    Usually the pace is fairly steady with no one getting left behind so shouldn’t be too much of a worry I’d think.

coconut
    Free Member

get train to Guildford and cycle from there.

senorj

Surrey is better of course but Epping forest and the Chilterns are delightful at the moment.
    Trains to Swinley?

HansRey

After much time checking trains, etc. i’ll go to Swinley. If anyone sees me on a silver liteville 301, stop me and say hi 🙂

Notmyrealname – it looks like a faff to get to Dorking with the engineering works on Sunday. But I’ll sign-up to the club site and hopefully join a ride in the future. Thanks for the advice

HansRey

swinley was great!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘mtb ride from London this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.