Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB Marathon Mag?
  • Stevie-P
    Free Member

I've just been reading my partner's Runner's World magazine and was thinking that it's a shame that there isn't something similar for mountain biking. It lists all of the up coming races and gives write-ups from past ones showing winning times etc.

I know of Singletrack, MBR, Dirt etc., but they tend to focus on bike reviews, weekend trail type rides and basic nutrition.

Is there anything out there aimed at world-wide MTB endurance and ultra-marathons along with more in depth training and nutrition?

Wookster

sounds good mate I'd read it always disappointed by the coverage of the transwales especially in the mags it's well worth a three of four page article I think hint hint STW!!!

carl
    Free Member

http://xxcmag.com/site/XXC.html

not along the lines of runners world but i always enjoy reading this.

vdubber67
    Free Member

This is a brilliant mag. Picked one up in Aus a couple of years back.

Stevie-P
    Free Member

XXC looks good but $10.40 per issue it better be bloody good.

Enduro looks good too but quarterly?

Any others out there worth checking out or is this a serious gap in the market?

flatfish
    Free Member

xxc can be bought for online viewing only which is quite a bit cheaper.

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Yeah just been having a flick through issue 8. Quite good actually.

xxcmag
    Free Member

Hey, folks Jason from XXC Mag here. I stumbled upon this thread and just wanted to say thanks for the support and post a note about the (pricey) print editions of XXC. XXC is really an eMag, but I was getting some folks clammering for a print version. I dig print too (my background is in print), but the only way to do that is through a service like MagCloud.com which can print mags "on demand". So it ends up being pretty pricey for me. And I make less $ off the print than I do the digital despite it's cost LOL. I would need to order like 5,000 copies from a printer to get the mag price under the $7 (u.s.) range. And right now there is just NO budget for that.

I try to encourage folks to opt for the $2.25 eMag version, $1.25 back issues, or if you don't mind not actually "owning it" you can check out Issuu.com where your can preview the mag FREE. The eMag is also free with any purchase from the Merch page. You can also get #7 FREE for the iPad via the MagCloud app. I hope to have all issue available for purchase via iTunes in the coming year.

Mags like Enduro, Dirt Rag, BIKE, and SIngletrack (who I hope don't mind me posting the above info here on their forum) are incredible mags and very much the inspiration behind XXC. But I wanted a mag dedicated SOLELY to endurance racing and all day adventures in the dirt, so wIth the help of contributors from around the world I put XXC together in a spare bedroom in my house. I hope you all like it.

Cheers and again, thanks for the support.

Jason @ XXCMAG.COM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MTB Marathon Mag?’ is closed to new replies.