Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • MTB Insurance
  • rotary
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a company who do bike insurance? for a bike value of £3000 how much should i expect to pay per year? Also i have just found that although i get travel insurance and winter sports cover with my bank they say they cannot insure for Mountain biking. Does anyone have any advice for insurance in case I bin it in France?

uplink
    Free Member

for the bike? look at CTC maybe
    http://www.ctc.org.uk/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=3468

holidays
    dogtag.co.uk

Drac

Switch your home contents to M&S they will cover the bike within the policy and not need to pay the expense of separate insurance. Assuming you have contents insurance of course.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Insuring them seperately, expect to pay 10% of the bikes value. Some AXA (who underwrite M&S amongst others) policies cover them IIRC.

theflatboy
    Free Member

M&S wouldn't even quote for mine when i told them how much the bikes were worth. ING sorted me right out.

thepodge
    Free Member

I've been looking into this and the CTC one is pretty good

pendlechris
    Free Member

i had this last year added onto my insurance with Morethan, £39.00, renewal come through same price but nearly £500 for buildings and contents, do online again as new customer come through at £239 as new customer, bike insured upto £4500, in home, but not outside when out and about.

audiophile
    Free Member

Be careful, a mate had his bike on home contents insurance and was refused payment as the bike was stolen from his garage.

FuzzyWuzzy

Hmm M&S shouldn't even ask how much the value of a single bike is unless it's over £4k (they also cover them in garages but yeah if there's one thing worth reading the T&C small print on it's insurance policies).

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

M&S here – no issues with bike cover – any single unspecified item up to £4000. I have "all risks cover" as well – so they are insured when away from my house as well

LoCo
    Free Member

ETA maybe worth a look, they cover European and world travel too.

bruneep

Pains me….but I agree with TJ. 😯

br
    Free Member

M&S here too, best value by far.

russelldadson
    Free Member

Try http://www.snowcard.co.uk – cover for MTB and cycling holidays with option to cover bikes for damage in transit, theft

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘MTB Insurance’ is closed to new replies.