Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • MTB in Scotland
  • gooner666
    Free Member

having recently moved to Scotland (well about 18 months ago) I need to start getting back out on my bike.
    What are the rules about trail biking in Scotland? Can I ride wherever I like with the right to roam as long as I don’t cause any damage?
    There are some great forests from my doorstep but not sure if I can just ride them or if I need to go to the dedicated trails?

Thanks

marmaduke
    Free Member

Where about are you?

gooner666
    Free Member

Near Aboyne, about 30 miles west of Aberdeen

jordie
    Free Member

Fill yer boots up here, just head out

pixelmix
    Free Member

You can ride where you like so long as it is responsible. Woods in your local hills = fine.

Paths busy with hundreds of walkers or on a wet boggy area = debatable.

Paths which cut through someone’s back garden close to their residential home = not fine.

scotroutes
    Bruce

We spent the last 10 years summer holidays in Ballater and found that cycle highlands were very helpful with route advice.
    The whole area is full of great riding to suit most tastes, I am quite jealous!.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

There is a lot of fantastic riding all around you out there, you are going to be very happy as you start exploring.

Here’s a start:
    http://www.ecurieneep.co.uk/routes1.asp

notlocal
    Free Member

Absolutely no good riding here in Dee side……save yourself, and return South immediately 😉
    Cyclehighlands or my email in profile. I’m in Ballater so could show you around this end of the valley.

gooner666
    Free Member

That’s great guys. I’ll have a look and explore.
    Not been on a bike since Chamonix in 2012! So need to lose some weight and get fit.

notlocal
    Free Member

There’s also Aboyne Nomads on Facebook. They have an active female group that goes out on rides for all levels, called the Nonads, Mrs gooner would be very welcome. They recently finished a jump park in Aboyne too.

rickmeister

Nonads….

Very good …

gooner666
    Free Member

At my age I need to keep both wheels on the ground!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘MTB in Scotland’ is closed to new replies.