Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • MTB ideas for December – filling a time gap
  • skydragon
    Free Member

In early December my current job will finish and I’ll have some spare time on my hands, in the run up to Christmas.

Due to circumstances, it will be a rare window of opportunity for me, where I will have time to fill and few commitments to attend to. It would also be a good opportunity to de-stress, empty my head and be fresh for next year.

I’ve been doing a fair amount of good riding recently, but I feel It would be good to get out and do something special/fun during this time gap, over and above just going out and doing some local rides. Also it would be good to meet some other people and share some experiences rather than just doing solo activities. Ideas…

– I could do a few MTB training courses/sessions?

– Perhaps a short MTB trip abroad somewhere warm (although I need to be careful with money)?

Ideas and advice from the STW masses please! 🙂

muddy9mtb

where do you live? this time of year the nights are early and the mornings late so time on the bike has to be planned around a short day..not wanting to be out on the trails at night
    go abroad for improved weather but most places tend to be out of season now…however try alan at http://www.sierramtb.com/ to see what he can offer round malaga.

boxelder

I’m running an MBO Score (nee trailquest) from Elterwater in the Lakes on 7th December. 3 hrs riding excellent trails with a purpose (more hours if you want to help me collect some controls) with sociable time in the pub afterwards. Mail me and I’ll heavily discount your entry for a first timer. Stay for a few days in the area – ride maps from Biketreks, tues evening epic with Keswick Bikes. Sorted.

faustus

Maybe plan a trip away or long ride challenge, but otherwise how about just riding locally every day, enjoying it and taking it all in your own time? Stop at cafes/pubs, go a bit further afield, spend a day at a trail centre. It’s what i’d probably do if I had a month in December…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘MTB ideas for December – filling a time gap’ is closed to new replies.