Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • MTB glasses advice
  • pinkpanther
    Free Member

I would like to buy a pair of safety glasses to keep the flies out of my eyes on an evening ride..
    I was thinking of yellow lens.
    What glasses do you use?, any particular ones to avoid?
    budget up to £30

porlus
    Free Member

Bolle Silium. Less than 6 quid. Job done

http://www.bexpress.co.uk/pageview.php?page=show_product&ecommerce_stockcode=BS292909

Actually seen video clips of our armed forces use these in afghanistan. Not a bad endorsement there.

Edit. Not yellow though. Just read that part lol.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Just bought some bolle safety jobbies from the builders merchants….£7.

headpotdog
    Free Member

I got some Bolle Contour glasses from http://www.nothingbutsafetyglasses.com & I’m really pleased with them so far. Comfy, excellent coverage, protection & decent clarity.

However I know I didn’t get them for the very best price as most of the online retailers charge about £4 carriage + £2 VAT which just about doubles the basic £6 price!!

Still its hard to find a better cycling glasses online for £12, so they’re still a bit of a bargain, I guess…

IanW
    Free Member

B&Q clear £4.95 yellow £5.95. Bought a couple of pairs of the bolles but prefer these.

Alejandro
    Free Member

If you’re after something cycling specific and closer to the higher end of your budget, try BBB. They do eyewear around the £30, and all of their glasses come with three interchangable lenses: smoke, yellow, and chear. Endura Shark glasses are on a similar line. Also, if you just want one colour and don’t need to change lenses, Endura Spectrals are cheap as chips and really comfortable.

martymac

+1 for the bbb ones, ive had mine for a year and the only marks on the lens are from the time i dropped them onto concrete.

Northwind

I really like Bolle BL-10s, they come in clear and smoked too and are cheap. They do scratch easily though but still, they’re almost disposable.

A big unrecommend for Madison D’arcs, they are ****- the legs fall off constantly in pockets, bags, pouches etc which is merely a pain in the bum, til one gets lost. Horrible design.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I use those cheapy Endura ones, the antifog is quite good on them. They just need a was in soapy water now and again to rejuvinate it.

I like yellow, makes everything seem a little bit better. £15 with both a hard and soft case from Chain Reaction.

jwmlee
    Free Member

Sometimes TK Maxx have sports classes for dead cheap. I got a really great pair of tinted Speedo glasses for around a tenner.

Also got Bolle clear safety glasses which work well.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Ebay is Fantastic..

Jaw Bones – 250960453365
    Radar’s – 250961459830

aftershock
    Free Member

http://www.btwincycle.com/EN/xudd-500-94294936

I use these, Decathlon stock them

Alejandro
    Free Member

Following on from what I wrote above, I’ve just taken delivery of some BBB ones (Selects) from Ribble, and I’m really impressed. £45 was the best online price as far as I managed to find, but they look and feel like they’re worth much more – the finish is awesome in the flesh, much better than the product shots make it out to be. I’ve gone for the pimp white ones with blue lens, but also comes with yellow and clear lenses, and a cleaning cloth cum pouch, and a proper hard-ish case. Really impressed with them for the money. They look really good too, I think some of the BBB ones tend to have sub-par aesthetics but these are cool.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘MTB glasses advice’ is closed to new replies.