Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MTB Batteries vs Magicshine
  • duir
    Free Member

Need a cheap light to replace a disappointing and expensive old Hope R4.

MTB Batteries Lumenator 17 vs Magicshine MJ902

Both quote 2000 Lumens but which will be the most durable, reliable, weatherproof, brightest, burn time for technical Lakes riding this winter?

Or should I be looking at the 5000 lumen Magicshine MJ906?

Prefer helmet mounted for my riding.

pipiom
    Free Member

Can only coment on MTB: i got the bar/helmet luminator (I think) pairabout 3 years ago; they are great lights, solid,and have withstood the Manx winters without missing a beat. I had an issue with the actual bar light unit:sent Otto smudge; 4 days later I had it back fixed.
    IMHO there’s no better combo of quality,service, and price.

binners

Another vote for MTB batteries. They’re really good lights. I just bought myself another set, so I’ve now got bar and head torches. But what swings it is the excellent customer service from Smudge

chakaping
    Free Member

Only used the Lumenator – but it has a really nice beam spread, it’s been totally reliable and it’s certainly good enough for technical riding.

Had it four years or so and never thought “I could do with a better light”.

superleggero
    Free Member

I can vouch for the Lumenator. Have has one for a few years now and it has survived wet weather etc. and I’ve found that battery life has been very good. Excellent aftersales service from Smudge too – many here have testified.

scotroutes

I think the aftersales bit is worth a lot. I bought a Lumenator for the bars and a smaller light for the helmet around this time last winter. They’ve never missed a beat. Battery life has been excellent.

Kryton57

MTB Batteries every time. Good reliable lights and even better aftersales. Smudge/Mark has been very helpful for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MTB Batteries vs Magicshine’ is closed to new replies.