Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB at Ventoux?
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m going out there later this year as a mate is having a stag weekend there, and I’ve done the road ascent/descent thing before, and I’ll have vehicle support so can ride off the top.

But are there any routes down it? Any good?

Whatcha think?

svensvenson

don’t want to put a damper on this, but they’ve (the ONF – like the forestry commission) have closed of most of the descents. there’s still the bike park above Chalet Reynard if that’s your thing.

However there’s is loads of much better riding around in the area, notably in the hills behind Pernes Les Fontaines.

I can fill in more details if you’re interested as I live on the bottom of the Ventoux.

Just let me know.

glenh
    Free Member

I rode down (offroad) once a while back (Bedoin side), but it wasn’t great – just really rocky and loose. Gave my fingers a bit of a workout though.

rone

I looked at riding off-road to the top. There are a network of fire roads which walkers use I’m sure I read…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

cheers Sven. It’s in September so I’ll perhaps pick your brains nearer the time 🙂

jkomo

Yeah it’s the fourth way up, gravel all the way but looks nicer for views than the road route from Bedoin which is very enclosed.
    As with the other thread, do the Gorges, a road ride but so good you want to do it slowly so be fine on a mtb.

Alex

We rode it a couple of years ago. I didn’t like it much, some of the other guys loved it. Bit exposed for me. I ended up falling down the slope for a few revolutions which possibly coloured my view of it 😉

Posting from Google photos is a pain but that one is flavour of some of the easy bits 🙂

There are many more showing the exposure in this album: – from about half way down.

It’s a long day out and you’ll need to have a van at the top and bottom or hitch back up. I’ve got a GPX of teh whole route which is about 60km I think. If you want it, ping me a DM.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Thanks. We have van support so we can be dropped off at the top, and meander down, then get picked up (somewhere) or maybe end up near Bedoin where we are staying.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MTB at Ventoux?’ is closed to new replies.