Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • MS word help – bullet pointing…
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

so this is really pissing me off, and has been for years.

i use a lot of bullet pointing in my work. when i write the point i want to, and press enter, the next bullet point starts.

if i want to do an indented point i hit the tab key, and it indents. perfect.

when i hit enter again it goes to the indented position again – fine.

how the hell do i get it to go back tot he original far left position, if i don't want it indented?
    even if i delete the entire bullet point and click the bullet-point button it goes to the indented one.

i have to have a stock of pre-entered far left bullets if i want to work efficiently.

there has to be a better way!!

(XP, not vista or 7)

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

right, so if i already have far left bullet points below, i can press backspace and it goes all the way back.

seems that if my indented point is the bottom most point on the page then i have problems…

BigJohn

Hit return twice. It cancels the bullets and indentation.

Ewan
    Free Member

Add the 'increase indent' or the 'decrease indent' as required. If it's not on your tool bar then add it from customise toolbar.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

cheers ewan 🙂

BigJohn, i'll remember that too for cancelling.

retro83
    Free Member

too slow 😆

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

agh… now its trying to copy and paste formats from one document to another when all i want to copy and paste is the words themselves…

god i hate Word 👿

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

it is actually trying to make my life impossible 😥

BigJohn

When you paste there is a little translucent flag thing that when you click on it allows you to retain original formatting or adopt the current document formatting. It also allows you to set the default. (MS Word 2007)

BigJohn

Or buy a typewriter.

tthew

What BigJohn says for the pasting between documents, 'use destination formatting' is the option to choose.

And to decrease the indent of a bullet back to the previous level, use shift and tab.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘MS word help – bullet pointing…’ is closed to new replies.